• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Your craziest opiate/opioid schemes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncandonuts0533

Greenlighter
Let me start off my saying I will NOT judge anyone. I have had an off and on again relationship with opiates for a while now. Hydrocdone, codeine, oxycodone - then finally heroin. I was a young teenager when getting into opiates, I first began my love affair with opiates at 13 and tried heroin at 14. I live in a nice neighborhood, with lots of old people, and I used to (and still kind of do lol) look innocent. When my connects were dry, or I couldn't support my habit, or eventually when my parents found out about my use and I could no longer have a phone or money, I concocted a little scam. (I am not proud of this, I'm just amazed it worked) I take my little cute dog on a walk (tell my parents I was walking the dog) and go around my block and streets near my house and knock on doors and use the following speech. I would tell them that I had locked my self out of my house while walking my dog, and that my parents would be home soon, but that I really had to pee and asked to use the restroom. I think the rest is obvious. I would let the faucet run and go through their meds until I found opiates. My success rate was very high, and I never got in trouble. That's the craziest thing I did, besides the typical stealing of money or selling valued items to get money. I've been struggling to stay off opiates and know they are bad, but I am weak and have been unable to go long periods of time without succumbing to my addiction. So now that's out of the way, what are you guys' craziest, most far out there ways that you obtained (or got money to obtain) your opiate DOC?

Edit: sorry, was to harsh, but still think that stealing medications is not ok.

And this is not appropriate for OD, OD is for harm reduction questions! Read the rules and the BLUA

Edit : maybe post this over at Drug Culture

Last edited:
I know it doesn't exactly following the thread starters question, but it is somewhat related anyway. Am I the only one that hide my prescriptions the most crazy places or take the with me when I am not at home because I fear some one breaking in and finding them as a bonus and taking them? Every thief worth their penny know opiates and benzo's etc is worth a lot :p Seems like this story shows me I am not totally crazy anyway :p And after all, the oldest story in the book is to say to your doctor that you lost your prescription and need a new one.

But to be fair to the topic starter - it is shitty to steal other people meds. But is it really any more serious than stealing all other things? It just shows us what these chemicals makes us do. I think it is fair to say that duncan wouldn't do this unless he was in the pull of opiates. Theoretically, the punishment he would get from taking one morphine pill and getting caught would be in the same neighborhood as taking 1000 dollars and getting caught. Why take the risk for a few hours of wellbeing? It is crazy. But these things do make people do crazy shit. Myself included.

This thread can be used for harm reduction if the question of "how do you avoid doing these (small/big) stupid things when tempted?" or something like that. Most opiate users would be tempted if they entered a toilet and by pure chance saw a box of 80 mg oxycontin's.

And duncandonuts0533 you probably know this, but be warned. This somewhat innocent behavior (I might be stretching the use of innocent here :) ) is the start to crossing the line to theft and robbery. It starts small and escalate quick, as it seems from your post that you are already aware.

Most of us can't legally say what the craziest shit we've done for opiates is.. its self incriminating. But we've all probably.broken the law and hurt the ones we love for it..

- Hopeless..

Guys, maybe this isn't appropriate for OD. As for being called an asshole, I know guys. This was years ago and I've been struggling with being clean in a 12 step program since. I just think it's sad/interesting to see what particularly these drugs will make people do to get the next fix.

The 'craziest' schemes are usually the worst. In the end, shoplifting, selling dope, middle-manning, and panhandling/recycling cans or scrap metal are the 4 'best' hustles if you need to come up with fast and relatively easy cash every day. I've committed quite a few atrocity's in the name of getting high, but I found that in the end, the four I listed were either A)the most lucrative B)the safest while still being effective or C)the quickest, not necessarily in that order. If you can cut down on the illegality of the hustle that's a good thing too, because you'll keep your run going longer. For instance, selling dope is cool, you can usually get away with that for a good amount of time, but what comes with it is paranoia and serious legal issues if you're caught. Shoplifting is great because you can make a shit ton of money in under two hours, but you start to do jail time after you've been caught a few times. Middlemanning is wonderful if you've got some good customers, me and my girl used to have this dude that would wake us up every morning and we'd cop for him and in return he'd kick us down $80-100, so bam, half the day was taken care of right there. Panhandling/recycling, the 'homeless' hustles,are great because panhandling is basically legal (you can get a ticket but it's usually just thrown out), and you can make a good amount of money doing it. Especially if you're a girl, or an effeminate looking sorry ass-white boy like me-you have to have a gimmick, or a dog though. Recycling/scrapping is fucking really fun, especially if you do some tweak before-hand, this is where the term 'junky' came from, so if you're in a state that pays good for cans or metal, get on that shit.

I've stolen tons of medication, from other people, and from myself. My mom used to hold on to my clonazepam and adderall and put it in her purse when I was 19, so at night I would get all metal gear solid, and sneak into her room on my belly and steal from myself. My mom once caught me though, which was super embarrassing as it was 3:00am, and I had crawled under the bed to where her purse was, and just my feet were sticing out.

As I got older though, I stopped doing such shenanigans, as I started to grow more of a conscience. Basically, stealing from people is wrong, but stealing from corporations? Well I can sleep easy on that. But really, there are a ton of ways to make money without violating other people or breaking the law. Me and my girl used to come up with over $200 every day, without breaking the law, or breaking it in a serious way, and we'd wake up with fucking nothing, sometimes not even a tent. When I look back at my drug using career, I had the cleanest conscious during the two years I was on the street, because I had finally stopped hurting other people, and was only 'hurting' myself.

Pallets is another good one, but you need a car for that.

^ lol that story had me legit lmao! Especially this part, " just my feet were sticking out." Idk, I just envisioned it in my head, and it cracked me up. @ the OP, yes stealing medication is a shady endeavor, but you're not an asshole, that's a bit harsh. Addiction makes good people do nasty things, now I'm not saying we shouldn't be responsible for our actions, but most of the times, those shady things we did, aren't who we truly are on the inside. So don't take the "asshole" comment at heart bud!

- Hopeless Soul

Oh man... Haha well being the dumb ass I was as an 18 year old college student living on ASU campus I befriended a few main connects.. Met a member of a well organized group who was bringing in football size black tar heroin from Mexico every other week.. Well I thought I'd be slick by asking to be fronted a half oz... Never sold just used.. Well being the addict I am that was gone before I could even make a quarter of the money needed to pay... Long story short I found myself a week later In rocky point Mexico staying over night at a motel and had to leave my car in the parking. Lot with keys on the tire. In the morning I was told not too look for what was in my car and if they saw I tried looking they'd cut my fingers off... Needless to say when I finally got to Phoenix scared shitless I was rewarded for my troubles along with paying my debt... Life's a trip

Oh man... Haha well being the dumb ass I was as an 18 year old college student living on ASU campus I befriended a few main connects.. Met a member of a well organized group who was bringing in football size black tar heroin from Mexico every other week.. Well I thought I'd be slick by asking to be fronted a half oz... Never sold just used.. Well being the addict I am that was gone before I could even make a quarter of the money needed to pay... Long story short I found myself a week later In rocky point Mexico staying over night at a motel and had to leave my car in the parking. Lot with keys on the tire. In the morning I was told not too look for what was in my car and if they saw I tried looking they'd cut my fingers off... Needless to say when I finally got to Phoenix scared shitless I was rewarded for my troubles along with paying my debt... Life's a trip

Damn, you're lucky that's all that happened and the debt was repaid.

Sorry guys this is not happening I can't believe this was not closed before I got back.

Status
Not open for further replies.