you gotta hate it when...

barndog

Bluelighter
you're on a date with a beautiful woman, the conversation is flowing, the food is great, and you both can't stop laughing. somehow the conversation turns to drugs, and she says: 'drugs are BAD!'
actually, i'm not at all worried about it, but i am curious as to how she'll handle it when i tell her about my 'interests'.
[This message has been edited by barndog (edited 29 December 1999).]

interesting topic, barndog. i have often wondered how i would handle a similar situation (only mine would be with a male of course
smile.gif
! i'm pretty sure i know how i would handle it, but........
but i think it basically all just boils down to what YOU want. how important is partying to you vs. how important is having a girlfriend or relationship.
well, you did not ask for advice, so i will not give you any. just wanted to wish you the best of luck! keep us posted!
wink.gif

I had a problem like this with one of my ex-boyfriends. At first he didn't mind the fact that I partied, then he started minding A LOT. He would lecture me about doing E, parties, blah blah blah the whole bit. Of course he had no problem with the fact that he got piss drunk and stoned EVERY night at school(?). We broke up not long after, for other reasons btw. I don't think it comes down to choosing between partying and a relationship, I think the choice is about how much of your own life you want to control and aren't willing to change for someone else. Could be about drugs...or clothes, or job, whatever. I'm very independent, so if he doesn't accept me for who I am, well then I'd rather be by myself.
wink.gif
Just my 2 cents.
PLUR,
kimmy
smile.gif

you just like to have fun dude [or too much fun]
if she wants you to elaborate, uhh, well go with the flow.. in my opinion if she's not open minded enough to not judge you for *experimenting* then she's not worth a second date, no matter how hot she is
or you could just lie and agree that drugs do suck, at the same time you're rubbing your hands over the 5 beans you've got in your pocket that you can't wait to get into after you take her ignorant ass home
------------------
Brock
"My reality check bounced."
[This message has been edited by Brock (edited 29 December 1999).]

i agree with you 100% *SWeeT-e*. i don't think its about choosing between partying and a relationship. to me, that's a very SHALLOW perspective on the whole deal. i'm very independent as well, and i'm not even remotely considering changing my lifestyle because of this woman. its just disappointing when you come across someone who is seemingly so cool, but later turns out to be a sociopathic user...oh wait, i thinking of someone else. anyways, i've pretty much made up my mind what i'm gonna do....i'll be straight up with her and let the chips fall where they may.
and Brock, you're absolutely right...no woman is worth extra consideration just because she looks good. i pity women who think they can act however they want, or treat people however they want just because they are attractive.

As for me if I was on a date with some really hot person and he or she said that drugs are bad, I would really want to find out why they said that. For example, both my brother and his girlfriend majorly overdid it with drugs and now they completely hate drugs because they didn't know how to use drugs in moderation. For some people, I seriously think drugs ARE bad, because some people cannot handle themselves on drugs. They get too wrapped up in it and become total butts, only concerned with getting high all the time and they just use drugs to get bombed--they don't use drugs at all for any kind of insightful or spiritual use--in short, they aren't able to take anything meaningful back from their drug experiences except the need to get bombed again next weekend. Find out this woman's story--she may not be morally against drug use per se, but perhaps she just knows herself well and know that she can't handle herself and drugs. Of course, if she is the kind of woman who can admit that drugs aren't for her but she can see how other people could benefit from their drug experiences, then I would say this woman is a keeper. It takes a really intelligent and strong person to be able to view things from others' perspectives. However, if this woman seriously just hates drugs and cannot respect a person that uses them then kick her silly but beautiful self to the curb. I would not want to date a person who didn't respect me because of drugs and I'm sure you don't want to date someone like this either.

Um... Is it just me?
I would not even date a guy/girl unless they knew upfront I use drugs AND they have to party with me as well. I have spent too much of my life trying to change myself to please other people. I have to be able to be 100% open about what my hobbies are and if they don't like it, well, it was very nice to meet you. And I am out the door. So, I guess I will be dating ravers for the rest of my life cause I have no intention of slowing down for anybody.
But that is just me.....
smile.gif

------------------
Eat um up, YUM!

Azurae, you make some interesting points. i never really thought about it from that perspective. i'll have to do some digging to see what her reason for her comment is.
Dazzle, i know what you mean. its just that this was our first date, and i was trying to 'size' her up. ya know, learn about her interests and such. i'm not comfortable going up to someone and saying right off the bat: 'hi, nice to meet you. i like to do ecstasy...' it all comes out in due time. also, i try not to judge a book by its cover. you never know what someone's interests are until you get to know them. i know that most people who meet me would NEVER even suspect that i do what i do. i don't limit myself to 'party girls' or 'raver chicks' for that very reason. i give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they say something stupid like: 'drugs are BAD!'

that was my ex's biggest hangup with me... not like she didn't do drugs herself, thats the part I didn't get. like its ok for me but not for you.... what the hell, guess thats why I now say "ex" but that wasn't the only reason, just the reason that related to this thread.
------------------
IMOKRUOK - Roll On Roll Off