R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

You ever tried dating your opposite?

Joey24x18

Bluelighter
I have.
I just got out of a two year relationship with a girl who was well out of my league. I'm not sure how it happened, she kinda just popped into my life. I'm a high-school drop out, a felon, and have a terribly shitty job. This girl is in college, has the manager position at a local restaurant, and doesn't do any drugs, and was a virgin.
I was a fugitive and a huge addict to synthetic weed when we met. And even as low as I was at that point this girl literally clung to me the second we met. It was such an unusual experience. We ended up getting an apartment last summer and broke up a month after moving in. Lol. We lived together and still fucked even though we were broken up all the way until January.
There was something just so strange about it all. As if the universe threw her infront of me to save my life. She got me off spice, got me to get a job, and it was all around a life saving experience.
What's even weirder is our birthdays. Mines 1/11 and hers is 1/10. Lol
We broke up because inevitably being complete opposites we clashed alot. Im dating a new girl,.with the same name, whose just as big of a fuck as me. We just sit around smoking weed all day Lol I can't help but think I was probably supposed to stay with that other girl. Eh. Life.

Yes. I have done this with both women and men as I'm bisexual.

It did not work out, and I was sort of sexually attracted to them and they were OK people; but it just showed me how people who are my opposite, or who I have very little if anything in common with are not my type, and that dating them doesn't really produce a good relationship or a good date for me.

Mainly because we had very little if anything in common, and in some cases it got boring talking to them. The one guy would talk about nothing but his house, possessions, and his ex's as if I cared, and the one woman didn't even know who Bob Dylan is.

You said how you're a felon/HS drop out, and have a not so good job. You can still change and turn your life around.

I've changed drastically in the last 3 years. I'm a successful eBay power seller. I make more than most people my age that I know. I'm not in any hard drugs. I'm addicted to phenibut but I'm working on that Lol I don't even smoke weed anymore.
But yeah I don't think it ever works out when you're dating someone who's you're opposite. It ended pretty badly between me and her.

Out of all the women I've dated. I can't really say that any of them was my opposite. Just different. But if I had to choose. The most opposite chick I dated was a total nut job. She came from a different type of family with just as crazy sisters and step-sisters. She was wild and fun, but absolute bat shit crazy. She was a drama major who couldn't really turn her acting off. It seemed like she was literally acting out every moment of her life. She would put on little performances to see how I would react. Needless to say it ended in huge fight.

I haven't dated anyone who was completely opposite or completely the same. My partner and I complement each other pretty well I have to say. I wouldn't want someone completely opposite. I think you need a good amount of differences to keep things interesting and also perhaps motivate you and get you to try new experiences. But some similarities are also important too. I couldn't be with someone who was crazy and wild and drama filled. That would be too much.

I feel like most of the girls I've dated were in the realm of being my opposite. I mean they were all highly talented extroverts with bright futures haha

My girlfriend and I have been together going on five years now. We met a bit after high school and shared some common interests (she smoked weed and was curious about other drugs, similar music taste, down for whatever etc,) back then but now none really whatsoever. At the time I was heavy into hard drugs and basically killing myself. She wanted to help me and that she did. I probably would have never gotten my shit half way together if it had not been for her. Dead or in prison most likely.

Now were still together and though I have improved tremendously I am still somewhat prone to self destruction. She doesn't use any kinds of mind altering substances anymore, and though my use is moderate compared to what it used to be I still use often (dependent on benzos) sometimes in excess, and I still smoke quite a bit. We fight a lot more then we used to and a lot of times I wish she could be more open minded and less judgemental not just towards me but in regards to life in general. No relationship is perfect though, and our opposites seem to balance each other out.

We are complete opposites, but we love each other, so it works. At least so far!

Yes, my wife and I were always in opposite sides. Not bad, for instance she likes day and I love the dark nights. She's summer, I'm winter, etc. It was great being a couple and falling in love. Having the kids, working hard, she's self employed while I have always felt a bit slave of my watch.
Point is, all of this can work when we remind ourselves of how this all began. When it's just routine, demands and complaints - for some unknown reason we choose to accept.
We accepted to live in places we would never have agreed before but here we are.

My girlfriend and I have been together going on five years now. We met a bit after high school and shared some common interests (she smoked weed and was curious about other drugs, similar music taste, down for whatever etc,) back then but now none really whatsoever. At the time I was heavy into hard drugs and basically killing myself. She wanted to help me and that she did. I probably would have never gotten my shit half way together if it had not been for her. Dead or in prison most likely.

Now were still together and though I have improved tremendously I am still somewhat prone to self destruction. She doesn't use any kinds of mind altering substances anymore, and though my use is moderate compared to what it used to be I still use often (dependent on benzos) sometimes in excess, and I still smoke quite a bit. We fight a lot more then we used to and a lot of times I wish she could be more open minded and less judgemental not just towards me but in regards to life in general. No relationship is perfect though, and our opposites seem to balance each other out.

We are complete opposites, but we love each other, so it works. At least so far!

I believe that those who were the nearest when we were doing our worst will always have that scar.. This happened with my family and I and as far as they know it's been ages since we've gone through this..

Yes, even the moment after meeting her i knew it was never going to work because we were so different, but i couldn't help become infatuated.

She was a foreigner, heavily academic, never touched drugs, large social circle, very responsible, collected and calm. She had an air of authority with her presence and beauty.. when she walked into the room people noticed and she would turn heads everywhere, way out of my league, i sometimes wonder how the fuck it all happened. Despite been total opposites the emotions i felt with this girl were the most intense I've ever felt.

My partner and I are like this.
When we first met I was a fairly innocent school girl, never touched drugs, never did anything illegal, came from a straight edge middle-class family. He had been a drug user for years, committed crimes, been to prison a few times and came from an abusive lower-class family.
We made it work and we're perfect for each other despite our different histories - we found a happy median.

I currently date what I may consider my opposite. She doesn't use. Has never used. Came from the cleanest of backgrounds. The best thing is that she is the most horny girl I have ever known. She loves sex just as much as me. We have sex for hours. We make each other cum. I make her cum. It is wonderful. She is actually alike me in many ways. If I think about why we are opposites, it is really just coz she hasn't never done drugs. She rarely drinks. But, we are on the same path. She has just graduated. I graduated last year. I have started my life, and she is on the way to starting hers. We are such a great team. We can be effective and efficient together. I just need to stay clean.

I wrote this down earlier today after talking to her...

Short term pleasure for long term consequences is not worth it.
Ever.
I will lose her.
I will lose the love of my life.
I will lose myself.
If I end up heart broken she ends up heart broken.
She doesn't want a drug addict.
SHE WANTS ME.
SHE NEEDS ME.
If i Use, I will lose her.
I will lose everything.
I will lose my life.
I will die.
It is with her that I can succeed.
I can become what I want to become, and so can she.
Any time I think of using, I just have to think of losing her and losing myself.
Death is not an option.
Love is in the answer.
LET LOVE RULE.