• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos You’re top limit for taking Alprazolam?

ghostfreak

Moderator: DC, F&TV, S&G
Staff member
What’s your top limit for taking Alprazolam?

Think mine is 9mg but even mixing with GABA related substance spells trouble for me personally.

Avoid mixing.

What’s your thoughts on it?

10mg is the maximum dosage, per day that's divided by three doses. Which to me seems like a really high dose. A person not use to taking it should really only be taking 0.5 to 1mg 3 times a day to start or even lower than that such as 0.25mg.

Here's a tip about Alprazolam though. After taking a dose... hide the bottle from yourself. Cause some people take a dose, their inhibition gets lowered and they want to take more of it. That's the problem with Alprazolam compared to other benzodiazepines it's more likely you'll take more than you wanted to and end up in a state of amnesia. And once your in a state of amnesia you don't know what the hell your doing.

Yeah I'd say about 10mg in a day, taking just a little bit at a time but frequently. That gets me, relieved of anxiety and chest pain without making me so fucked up I make a scene.

Here's a tip about Alprazolam though. After taking a dose... hide the bottle from yourself. Cause some people take a dose, their inhibition gets lowered and they want to take more of it. That's the problem with Alprazolam compared to other benzodiazepines it's more likely you'll take more than you wanted to and end up in a state of amnesia. And once your in a state of amnesia you don't know what the hell your doing.

Yeah. I’d say this is about right. Not every time, but most of the times I’d binge on them and start drinking then magically breakout into handcuffs. Or get into fights. Or wake up to four flat tires on one of my trucks and a pickup bed full of street signs and mailboxes or pumpkins or some other stupid shit in another truck. Or tattoos that weren’t there before.

Yeah. Fuck taking large doses of alprazolam.

I do have some cool street signs though.

A 2mg Xanax bar would ROCK someone who’s never taken…like a 110lbs highschool kid or small frame / body weight individual.

Standard starting is 0.5mg, maybe a 1mg tablet for a heavy set individual with serious anxiety & depression issues

3 bars daily seems like it should be the max…..maybe adding a Valium (Diazepam) 10mg tablet with each bar for the extra muscle relaxant properties….and a Pregabalin 150-300mg capsule if needed

Xanax 2mg bar
Valium 10mg
Lyrica 150-300mg

……that’s a freaking anxiolytic cocktail that would certainly suffice. 3X daily max if needed.