View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

YOPO

Nicocastillo7

Bluelighter
Hi everyone, I have Yopo seeds, I would be interested to know if anyone here has experience with this ancient medicine, I need advice on how to prepare them to do it correctly.
How was your experience? How did you prepare it?

Lately I have been interested too. Anadenanthera Colubrina specially as opposed to Anadenanthera Peregrina. So I think that Anadenanthera Colubrina is also called Cebil seeds. But contains bufotenine and not 5-MEO-DMT yet are treasured. Bufotenine was written off in the literature years ago so it is interesting to see that reverse. I would imagine seeds from years ago would still be ok. I always wanted to pop one like pop corn and smoke it.

There is a big and dandy thread, here is one but I think there are more. https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/the-big-dandy-yopo-thread.228316/

Last edited:
Oh yeah, they'll still be good. And like JackARoe said, it's thought to be 5-HO-DMT that is the primary active constituent. It's traditionally blown into the sinuses, but that sounds unspeakably awful.

I recommend toasting the seeds until they pop, powdering as best you can, then do a long soak in 91% isopropyl alcohol. (You can do straight to base extraction instead if you prefer, but it's not necessary.) Just soak some parsley or whatever in the concentrated alcohol then let it dry and smoke it.

Some like it better when combined with harmala alkaloids like changa. It makes it easier to get to the active dose and it lasts longer.

I am stuck with that image in the original writings of a person's face turning as purple as an eggplant (I think that is what was said lol) after taking a hit. It makes me wonder if there are any special contraindications for people that may have health issues. But I have been searching my literature to see where that statement that a person's face went purple after bufotenine was from. But for the longest time it was thought of as not psychedelic. Probably until the internet and some courageous explorers like you all.

Goo d to know that the seeds are stable. I mean what could bufotenine break down into anyway?(not a chemist) But yeah, I want to roast one, have it pop and smoke it. The pictures of blowing plant matter up someone's nose look uncomfortable and not something I would do.....yet.

Edit: Not sure about the OP, but thanks for that little tidbid Pfafffed, it will happen soon.

Last edited:
I want to roast one, have it pop and smoke it.
Ha! Have fun with that! 😋 I meant to mention this earlier: I think that might work but it'd probably be pretty gross. The seeds are really oily and smell like slightly burnt peanut butter. I think it might be a lot like smoking peanuts. If you try it, report back!

Oh also, when you vape it, it's going to feel poisonous at first. It's got a bit of the DMT intimidation "oh what have I done" to it when you smoke it, as well. But yeah, when it first starts to come on the side effects can feel pretty nasty, which can make it hard to buckle down and keep smoking it. Vasoconstriction, flushing, prickling skin sensations, cramping, headache, nausea, and vomiting are all possible. Varies from person to person. Fortunately, they're not severe for me.

The side effects pass quickly, though. Usually 1-1.5min, then the comeup starts. I get the most stunning OEV visual display of any drug and CEVs equal DMT. But there's no content, no meaning, and no depth. It's just pleasant, empty confection.

I hear that when it's insufflated it can be a more meaningful experience, but I'm not interested. I bet that would burrrrrn.

Oh yeah, they'll still be good. And like JackARoe said, it's thought to be 5-HO-DMT that is the primary active constituent. It's traditionally blown into the sinuses, but that sounds unspeakably awful.

I recommend toasting the seeds until they pop, powdering as best you can, then do a long soak in 91% isopropyl alcohol. (You can do straight to base extraction instead if you prefer, but it's not necessary.) Just soak some parsley or whatever in the concentrated alcohol then let it dry and smoke it.

Some like it better when combined with harmala alkaloids like changa. It makes it easier to get to the active dose and it lasts longer.

Thank you very much for your answer, I had read there that instead of isopropyl alcohol I can use sodium carbonate, but I did not understand very well ... I am interested in your preparation technique, can you make a more detailed recipe? I have a lot of seeds, I never did anything with them, and I want to do it well

The snuffs produced with calcium carbonate are remarkably unpleasant to insufflate. Freebase 5-ho-DMT still has a significant side effect profile, especially nausea, but at least you don't get the feeling of snorting burning kerosene. The immersive visual effects of the freebase are well worth the side effects though...

I admit I am excited about this. We have a few experienced people chiming in. I've had seeds for 15 years and never did anything with them. So freebase 5-HO-DMT it is for the first test.

So it makes me wonder if there is any way to measure how much 5-HO-DMT a person does can one OD? (I guess would be the question :D)

Just realized I double posted even though time went by. I am going to keep it though. The link has a lot of info. Silly me. Thanks again pfafffed. I almost deleted this post but didn't want to confuse. Just wanted to make sure 20 seeds was that much different than say 3. With other things it needs to be measured.

Last edited:
I have prepared and experienced traditional Cebil snuffs, and I'd say it was worth the pain lol.

I've also smoked it as an extract well but I never learned the process. We would chew strips of ayahuasca 15 minutes prior and then mix the extract into either cannabis or tobacco. It was actually very nice, but nowhere near the level of intensity of my insufflated experiences.

I admit I am excited about this. We have a few experienced people chiming in. I've had seeds for 15 years and never did anything with them. So freebase 5-HO-DMT it is for the first test.
So what happened when you smoked the seeds? Wouldn't eating them work?

So what happened when you smoked the seeds? Wouldn't eating them work?

I'm not sure if eating the seeds sans an maoi would be active. 5-meo-DMT is active sublingually, but not orally to my knowledge. I've never heard of a successful oral trial of 5-ho-DMT or 5-meo-DMT without mao inhibition, but it's not impossible, just something I never saw enough evidence to pursue myself.

Smoking the seeds is ineffective and tastes like burning peanuts and is extremely harsh. Taking more than a single hit of the seed would be difficult to accomplish, it resulted in severe hacking fits on the two occasions I tried it.