Years of living dangerously. This is my call

MerryVillian

Greenlighter
21yr. M. Tn-USA

A ghost in life but not in the machine.
Call me Casper. This is my story, or some of it. Its long, and an incredibly rough draft. I hope you find inspiration, and I hope to find some solace in your reply.

Growing up I had always had a weird interest to try drugs. Seeing the reports of people freaking out on drugs on the news only made me excited not scared. The just say no program was what I was taught in school, my parents always told me I could be anything I wanted. This thought has haunted me forever.

With so many choices and decisions in life, maybe the best choice is to make no choice at all?

I was always told I was the smartest one in the family, the one who would be someone great. Somewhere down the line I wanted to prove them wrong just like how I proved my fellow classmates and teachers wrong.

In sixth grade I had my first drug experience, dxm in the form of cough syrup. It was not pleasant but made me want to experience more and try different things. In seventh grade I smoked my first doobie. Nowadays I would call it dirt weed but I spent my only $5 on that pinner and got stoned for the first time. That was the day I found an easy escape from the horrors of high expectations and verbal abuse from an angry step father.

However, I still feel that my childhood was pretty alright. I had friends, clothes, and a nice house growing up in texas. In kindergarten they put me on amphetamines for adhd. They turned me into a zombie, a person who couldn't have fun at school. I already knew how to do everything that qas required in the curriculum it just came to me, so I came to school to have fun, up until a doctor decided psychoactive pharmaceuticals would help make me more complacent.

Years of taking prescriptions led my growth to be stunted so I was given growth hormone shots from age 10-11 before finally getting sick of the IM shot every morning.

Long story short after I finished 8th grade, having only tried pot twice and dxm once, my mom divorced my angry step dad and moved herself, my 2 younger step brothers, and myself up to tennessee where she and I had family. I was uprooted and moved to a new home. A beautiful state filled with lush mountains and forests. Up here there's fog every morning, and winters that are actually cold, but 6 years ago I saw this place as hell.

I lost all my friends from texas, and started high school as a nobody. In a town full of camouflaged rednecks I had to find my own group, my own slice of what I believe to be good people in this quaint town.

In high school I stopped taking my adderall and begun to sell it to the rednecks and rich kids alike. This helped me make my first real drug connections.

I smoked weed every day, and dabbled in MDMA, psychedelics, and the occasional opiate. Upon graduation some of the people I knew went to college, some to meth, but most just disappeared from my life. I could've went to a university, I had the scores, the potential, the financial support and urge from my family, but I squandered it all to keep experimenting with drugs.

Now I see some of my classmates on facebook already graduating with degrees, or doing things. While ive graduated to the needle and doing nothing. I have no specific drug of choice. If it gets me high I'll do it, and if I can shoot it, even better.

I wanna cut this short, I feel like ive rambled and want to know your story, I want you to ask me questions. I have burned every bridge, and now have nobody to talk to. Yesterday I said less than 100 words to people, and most were probably the usual banter with a dealer.

I am here for support, conversation, contact with others who might have had a similar experience. Through desperation ive come here for inspiration. To the mods, this is my first real post. If I have broken any rules please let me know.

I look forward to hearing from everyone.
Please dont hesitate.
Sincerely, Casper.

Calm down, you are still young. Lots of time to figure this thing we call a career path out.

Take some deep breaths. You are at an age where bridges can still be built and those fallen can even be repaired. You have low to no hope right now which is all in your head.

Be careful with social media until you start to overcome and put these mental fallacies in check and start to become more content and hopeful. Check this out,

HOW FACEBOOK MAKES US UNHAPPY

Stop comparing yourself with others. You are suffering, and have the potential to heal. Your future is not destined for failure. Everyone goes through different struggles. Sounds like the drugs you have been using are not suitable for you as an individual and it is yet to be determined if any drugs will ever be OK for you to use without risk of falling into a cycle of self destruction.

Check this out, peace, best wishes, I love you buddy,

Meditation and Psychedelics

Are meditation and psychedelics the same? - CNN.com

How Meditation And Psychedelics Can Go Hand In Hand - Reset.me

Last edited: