• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Xylazine Megathread - WARNING!!!! - Tranq Dope has contaminated much of the heroin/fentanyl on the East Coast USA

The alternative to short acting dope would be continuing to use a drug that causes horrific scars all over the body and other horrendous outcomes. I would hope that most sensible people would understand.

And this is maybe idealistic thinking on my part, but if enough people understood what was going on here, and stoped buying tranq, it would disrupt the market and dealers would stop buying/selling the trash.
I actually edited my comment to note the wounds as a likely factor in persuading people against using it if there are other options.

It's insane to me how fucked up street dope has gotten. I ruined my life using regular old run-of-the-mill ECP diacetylmorphine. That shit destroyed everything I'd worked towards, alienated my family, and killed a close friend whom I happened to be living with at the time. The likelihood of overdose on the whole even before xylazine was orders of magnitude less than the shit out there now. Everyone I know who uses has narcanned other people, and has been narcanned more than once.

Imagine where we'd be if we didn't have same-day suboxone and OTC narcan?

Imagine where we'd be if we actually had treatment beds, and ones that people actually wanted to access....

I actually edited my comment to note the wounds as a likely factor in persuading people against using it if there are other options.

It's insane to me how fucked up street dope has gotten. I ruined my life using regular old run-of-the-mill ECP diacetylmorphine. That shit destroyed everything I'd worked towards, alienated my family, and killed a close friend whom I happened to be living with at the time. The likelihood of overdose on the whole even before xylazine was orders of magnitude less than the shit out there now. Everyone I know who uses has narcanned other people, and has been narcanned more than once.

Imagine where we'd be if we didn't have same-day suboxone and OTC narcan?

Imagine where we'd be if we actually had treatment beds, and ones that people actually wanted to access....
Yeah, I don't know if I would've made it if the shit was this severe when I was doing it. Idk... I quit dope at the beginning of 2020... By this time it had almost fully transitioned to the point that my dealer was selling this weird knockout powder. No euphoria just knocks you out. Which I'm sure has it's place, but like, nah it just wasn't the same. I had one relapse at the end of 2021, had a terrible OD of course, and haven't touched it since thankfully.

Yeah, I don't know if I would've made it if the shit was this severe when I was doing it. Idk... I quit dope at the beginning of 2020... By this time it had almost fully transitioned to the point that my dealer was selling this weird knockout powder. No euphoria just knocks you out. Which I'm sure has it's place, but like, nah it just wasn't the same. I had one relapse at the end of 2021, had a terrible OD of course, and haven't touched it since thankfully.
Thank fucking god for that man - I'm glad you're still with us. I got clean in 2008 and almost everyone I was in treatment with, or used with, has died. I've probably lost a dozen patients that I know of between getting my MSW in 2012 and now. I lost count with how many of my high school classmates died - year 2000 baby, true millennial!