• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

XBOX 360 - Black Elite 120GB HD

drgreenthumb00

Bluelighter
Hello -

I'm a playstation guy. I've owned every playstation system. Right now I have PS3. I never got into XBOX cuz of the controllers. All I play online with my PS3 are EA Sports games (NHL a lot) and Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops. The servers are awful. Always getting booted, takes forever to connect and some serious lag.

I decided that maybe after listening to everyone brag how good the servers are on XBOX, I might grab a system and try it out myself.
I want to know if this system is worth buying. Someone I've been talking to is going to sell me the following for $120:

Xbox 360 Black Elite with a 120Gb
NBA 2k11 and Black Ops
Wireless Controller

no controllers........ I have HDMI cords so I'm good.
So I want to know if it is worth grabbing for $120??? I read that this one particular system is notorious for red/yellow light of death.
I've never played with an XBOX360 before so I'm assuming I will have to drop some loot on an XBOX Live account. As long as I can play games online and watch netflix then I will be happy?

So do you suggest I stay away from the system or buy it? I can always resell it if I don't want it.

THANKS

If it's new in the box I'd buy it. I basically got the same thing for $160 a few years ago.

I've never played with an XBOX360 before so I'm assuming I will have to drop some loot on an XBOX Live account.
$50 a year.

By the way you can delete your own threads by clicking "Thread Tools" near the top right. :)

I'd play some at the dude's house before I fork over money for it. If its been made in the last couple years you should be ok with the whole ring of death problem. Its pretty much old news now.

I never got into XBOX cuz of the controllers.
that's funny - i chose an xbox in large part because of the controller. i hated the ps3 controller.
I want to know if this system is worth buying. Someone I've been talking to is going to sell me the following for $120:

Xbox 360 Black Elite with a 120Gb
NBA 2k11 and Black Ops
Wireless Controller

no controllers........ I have HDMI cords so I'm good.
i'm confused - does it have no controllers or one wireless controller?

worth is in the eye of the beholder. i took a quick look at ebay and that bundle of stuff (bough separately) is changing hands for around $175 to $195. based on that, and the fact that you won't have to bother with bidding, maybe paying shipping, the instant-gratification factor, $120 would seem to be a good deal. ymmv.
I've never played with an XBOX360 before so I'm assuming I will have to drop some loot on an XBOX Live account. As long as I can play games online and watch netflix then I will be happy?
as delta_9 says, about $50 a year for an xbox gold account.

alasdair

I decided since I needed to grab a controller, xbox live, and eventually money for games, I would just invest the cash in a new xbox 360. That way I dont need to worry about the Ring of Death. Until then Im gunna grab someone X BOX 360 and check out the servers compared to PS3