• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax, Zoloft, Hydroxyzine (Depression and Anxiety)

bsomebody

Greenlighter
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Zoloft and Hydroxyzine. I saw my psychiatrist today and she prescribed me 50 mg Zoloft and 100 Hydroxyzine for depression and insomnia as well as .5mg Xanax for panic. I told my psych that I'm not sure if I'm suffering from depression just extremely nervy and suffering from panic and anxiety, but she thinks I should try it. (Just recently lost my bestfriend and my job of 3 years last November). I'm skeptical about taking antidepressants because they are what I believe to be I guess long acting and I'm scared that if it makes me feel weird or uncomfortable, I won't be able to get rid of the feeling until it wears off. I'm ok with trying the Hydrox for sleep because I have terrible insomnia and it's extremely hard to fall asleep and stay sleep. Also does Zoloft have any effect on erection? I have been on oxycodone and Xanax in the past and both have messed with maintaining an erection and sex is a BIG deal in my relationship. I used to hold off on taking meds until after the action but I know that these meds are a little different. Just want to get a little info on what Zoloft and Hydrozyine are like.

Im not super educated on setraline (zoloft) specifically, but inability to hold an erection is definitely possible with SSRI's in general, but its specific to the person, so you wont know until you try it. If you do not want to take the setraline, try taking the hydroxyzine for a couple days to see how it impacts your life, and if your anxiety is still a big problem, then add in the setraline. SSRI's are actually pretty good with decreasing anxiety, so you might find that its your favourite med. The good thing is that even though they can be long lasting, if you dont like the effects, you can try other meds, and any problem you have while youre actually on the drug can most likely be mitigated by taking your alprazolam (xanax). Like if you take it and hate the feeling, you can take the xanax and it should level your anxieties about it.

Hi, welcome to Bluelight! They are each useful in helping anxiety. I was prescribed Zoloft but it did make me a little nauseated and was switched to Lexapro. For the erection thing, my son told me that he had trouble when taking SSRI's (Viibryd then Trintellex) Like HeadHigh said, give it a try and see how it works for you. Hydroxyzine gave me dry mouth so keep water around in case that happens. Sorry to hear that you lost your friend, that's rough. Hope things get better for you!