• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos xanax withdrawls?

pahn

Bluelighter
Hi all. I've been on suboxone maintenance for about 6 months. i have severe anxiety and used to be on klonopin and ativan years ago, but i lost my insurance so i got off em. last year while on methadone maintenance i was taking xanax quite frequently for my anxiety, and in all honesty to get high sometimes. i used to take doses around 4-7mg last year. i havent touched a benzo in about a year. i went to the ER last month and they told me i needed to be back on benzos so he gave me a weeks script of klonopin and told me to get to the doctor to get my own full script. i couldnt get in to see the doctor for 5 weeks, so i was kinda shit outta luck so i decided to buy some benzos off the street and got xanax. i've been takin it for about 2 weeks now. the first week i was taking between .5 and 1mg a day. the second week my tolernace started building back up so i started taking between 1mg and 2.5mg doses. now i'm down to one last .5mg tablet and i still cant get into the doc for another 2 and a half weeks. my question is am i going to be going thru benzo withdrawal with the doses i've been taking? if so is the suboxone going to help? is there anything i can do to alleviate benzo wd symptoms? what should i be expecting? i've never rly experienced benzo wd before but i hear it can be worse than opiate wd so im a lil freaked out right now. thanks all!

Two weeks of taking benzos should result in just a minor withdrawal IF ANYTHING. Whatever physical symptoms are present should be overriden but the suboxone. Any psychological issues (anxiety, insomnia, derealization) will just have to be dealt with.

Two weeks of taking benzos should result in just a minor withdrawal IF ANYTHING. Whatever physical symptoms are present should be overriden but the suboxone. Any psychological issues (anxiety, insomnia, derealization) will just have to be dealt with.

This...