• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax Withdrawal Fun

jafar1

Greenlighter
Hello friends, I have been posting on here much more lately (Still haven't decided 100% if this is a good or bad thing) but I am out of my Xanax (Rxed 4mg/daily), couldn't make it to my doctors appointment(s) these last 4 days due to me being so far away, and without a means of transportation. His office is about a 30 min car drive. Anyway, I spoke to the nurses today over the phone, and I did get a call from my psych telling me he could allow me a refill and to give him a call back tomorrow to tell him what pharmacy to send the info to. My question to everyone is: What can I do to combat the anxiety and restlessness I am already experiencing. I took my final 2mg throughout the day today and its been about 8 hours since my last dose. I have 1 10/325 perc left, herb, and some sleepy time tea. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time guys!

Be careful with the weed cause your anxiety could double trigger with withdrawals . Herbal tea is good stick with that constantly , valerian root extract is a natural gaba type plant you can buy over the counter . If you do smoke herb smoke very very small hits , straight therapeutic hits so you don't trigger a panic attack and the weed will just increase it more and more over time . I think opiates would help yes but i don't know your tolerance tonopiates so if you did choose that take small doses and do it only for the purpose of getting through the day don't try to get high , so spread the dose out

Withdrawing cold turkey from 4mg alprazolam a day can cause seizures and could kill you, go to the ER!

As kk said go to the ER and get an emergency one night refill. It's best to do it in the daytime when they can call your Dr or if you can give them evidence your Dr is planning to refill a script that's been ongoing via voicemail message and a few old script bottles if you have them to show the consistency of refills

Withdrawing cold turkey from 4mg alprazolam a day can cause seizures and could kill you, go to the ER!

this would be my go-to advice. withdrawals from GABAergics can be outright fatal, they are not something to be fucking around with. be aware though that if you go to the ER or any other doctor, they may label you a drug seeker and really fuck things up for you (thanks, DEA assholes!). note that it takes about 3 days for benzo withdrawal to really kick in, but you do not want to go that long, especially on the kind of dose you're taking daily.

in a pinch, you can use other GABAergics to ease the benzo withdrawal, such as alcohol, ghb, other benzos and barbiturates, but if you go this route dont take any more than the minimum necessary to ease your wds until you can get back in to see your doctor. its thanks to the DEA that problems like this happen in the first place, but you should try to plan ahead and set aside a small amount in case this kind of thing happens again.

Why is alcohol bad for benzo wd ?

I know they give either valium or Ativan to alcoholics in wd.. Why would it not work in reverse?

Just curious. Imo alcohol doesn't sound like a good idea for benzo wd but it should work to ease wd symptoms no?

The amount it would take would likely cause too heavy intoxication for minimal help at best

The amount it would take would likely cause too heavy intoxication for minimal help at best

This
And you'd have to bee drunk 24/7 as alcohol withdrawal seizures can happen after 6-48 hours after your last drink, plus alcohol acts on various receptors while benzos only modulate the GABA-A receptor