• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax with Oxycontin

jojogummo

Bluelighter
I’ve been taking 40mg of Oxycontin a day for the past month. How much Xanax is safe for me to take for anxiety relief. I’ve been taking 0.5 - 1.0mg of Xanax a day for the past few days usually around bed time.

For your information I snort Oxy. Usually around 10mg at a time spread out the day.

Also is it safer for me to take Xanax before bed when I haven’t taken any Oxy in few hours then not?

I see no harm in taking that dose at bedtime hours after oxycodone if you are tolerant to the oxy.

For the sake of this forums focus on harm reduction i wouldnt combine any higher doses. Idk your body chemistry.

A few years ago I dropped nearly dead taking a family photo in front of a Christmas tree after adding xanax to fentanyl so the combos left a very bad taste in my mouth

Last edited:
This is a tough one, because philosophically, combining Benzodiazepines with Opioids is basically contraindicated when referring to Harm Reduction principles, but of course, we live in the real world where people don't always follow the rules.

The dosages that you're dealing with are definitely not within a range of what one might expect to cause serious complications. You're not in dangerous territory, but please continue to approach your recreational drug use with caution.

It is safer to consume the two separately. They are both fairly powerful central nervous system (CNS) depressants when used separately, but when used simultaneously they produce a synergistic effect. If you don't fully understand what synergy is, consider each drug to be worth "1". Synergy means that "1" + "1" = "3". As others have said, a major issue with Benzodiazepine use, especially with those who are fairly new to them, is that they produce pretty profound intoxication, but the user is typically not fully aware of how intoxicated they are re: "Thanksgiving Dinner 2014 with Kristen's Parents"

Last edited:
Like keif said these doses aren’t likely to hurt you but just be aware xanax can cause you to be inebriated without you knowing how intoxicated you are. Be very very cautious if you go over the 1mg mark, that being said if you stay within the therapeutic range and only as needed or however your doctor prescribed it then you should be fine.

If not prescribed by a doctor try to refrain from using it every day, i’ve heard benzo withdrawal is a living hell.