• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Xanax. Will i WD from 4mg a week?

cicada0101

Greenlighter
Ive had 2 mg 2 wks ago, then last week 4mg on sunday, today i havnt felt anything really with WDs but a little bit of anxiety. probably placebo but ive always had anxiety since a kid. i took a quarter 5 mins ago cause i got abit scared after my brain felt like it had a mini electric shock when i was falling asleep, probably just a hypnic jerk... anyway, is there a chance of seizure or bad WD if i stop cold turkey after about 3 months of taking 2-4 mgs a week only for 1 day each week? i know that it is a pretty small amount but i just want to have a solid understanding. also, i know past experience with benzos can play a roll so i'll add that i use to abuse xanax a year ago around feb to july, cant remember the exact days obviously but i took em from 4mg to 2mg a day for like 50 days straight or until the bottle was finished and id go get some more. went through bad WD but dr said nothing to worry about. WDS faded about 2 weeks later. pardon my grammar and spelling im really tired and sorry if this question has been asked a billion times. cheers

Can you clarify what your doses were?

You took 2-4mg only 1 day per week, for 3 months? You only used one day per week?

If so, it's plausible you might experience some minor rebound anxiety, but definitely no withdrawals.

my brain felt like it had a mini electric shock when i was falling asleep, probably just a hypnic jerk
Yes, most likely a hypnic jerk. This can occur normally without drugs, and is completely harmless.

GABAergic drugs commonly cause them as well, though.

It's nothing to be scared of even though they are a bit frightening at first if you don't know what it is.

Can you clarify what your doses were?

You took 2-4mg only 1 day per week, for 3 months? You only used one day per week?

If so, it's plausible you might experience some minor rebound anxiety, but definitely no withdrawals.

Yes, most likely a hypnic jerk. This can occur normally without drugs, and is completely harmless.

GABAergic drugs commonly cause them as well, though.

It's nothing to be scared of even though they are a bit frightening at first if you don't know what it is.
hey thanks for your response! and yea,, i only took 2-4 mg only 1 day per week, mostly 2 mg,, for about 3 months. Only one day per week, yes. Also, Ive experienced that jerk like 2 days ago aswell.. scary shit lol but ive had them before ive ever touched benzos. Thanks for shedding some light on this whole weird exp.. I am coming down to my last 10 bars, thinking of quitting cold turkey after the party is over and cut off my script. but of course, I understand that i am playing with fire. you said i might get minor rebound anxiety. Do you think I should taper off with the rest or just throw them out?

I think alprazolam is eliminated and disposed from your system in 1,5-3 days. You should know already if you were in trouble.

You should be fine to just drop the use of bzd and walk away now or risk a dependence that could be mentally crippling for some time if ya keep using.
Just let it go you already seem to know the "game" so do yerself a favor, yes?
Best of luck and welcome to BL.
Love
<3

If you were taking it once per week any actual withdrawal symptoms are not physiologic. Rather they are psychological (all in your head). Which can be uncomfortable but they are not life threatening. As Snafu said, a taper would be counter productive.