• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax WD after one week of use?

N9ne

Bluelighter
So I haven't took xans in a year. Took some a month ago for like 2 days. But last week I took 2-3 mgs for about 6 days. Any possible way I can have WDs from that short of a time period? I also take subutex and haven't had any today yet and I feel a little cloudy headed. Not sure if it's the subutex or xanaxs. This is the 3rd day with no xannies.

Xanax can cause withdrawal symptoms within a very short time period. The good news though is that they should not last as long for you, because you only did them for about a week. When I was taking them just for a couple of days, I found it very hard to function without them. What kind of symptoms are you having that makes you think you are in withdrawal? Usually you will experience a complete loss in interest in things, depression and possibly even shaking or being light headed.

I think they are quick in and quick out > no price discussion please <

Last edited by a moderator:
Two-three mg Xanax a day for 6 days? I'd be very surprised if you had WDs using that small amount for 6 days. Even a couple weeks of that dose seems like it would be safe. If, for some odd reason you start experiencing rebound anxiety (which likely would be psychological cravings that cause anxiety), liquor is a GABA-ergic drug, a pretty good anxiolytic, decent painkiller, and should take care of the couple of days you may experience anything close to WDs if you don't want to take more benzos (that would likely be your cravings or worrying about WDs causing anxiety). Unless you're prone to seizures (the most dangerous part of benzo WDs), I wouldn't be worried about it. Even then, such a small amount of benzos (a short acting benzo at that) for such a short time, probably would carry little danger of BZD seizures.

I'd say it's probably a little of both. If you're an anxious person and you took benzodiazepines regularly for about a week then stopped, you'd definitely have some rebound anxiety. And your buprenorphine should be stacked enough in your system so that if you do miss a day it's not that big a deal physically. Good luck!