• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax vs Valium my observation

A pro-drug is a great example of drugs that require little to no metabolism? Wouldnt morphine have been a better example?

I apologize if this is unclear, but I just mean to use Codeine as an example of the wide variability in terms of subjective and objective potency. The rule of thumb, if you will, is that Codeine (3-Methylmorphine) will ultimately be metabolized into Morphine at a rate of ~10%. Herein, lies the problem; not everybody fits into this category. I do not metabolize Codeine effectively. I have been overseas and extremely sick and Codeine was all that was available. I ended up doing a CWE of approximately 4,000mg Codeine. It essentially cured my restless legs and made me able to sleep.

I don't know what you call that, but I maybe metabolize Codeine at a rate of ~1%. I really don't know. It has an effect, but only in massive doses. Morphine is a great example of the opposite. Morphine is Morphine and there is a significantly lower variability in effects from person to person. It does not require metabolism to become active, so, there will be less of that variability.