• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax Tolerance

YoungTweaker

Greenlighter
So a couple of days ago I ate 30 mg's of xanax throughout the day and evening..

I didn't really feel as fucked up as I've done the other times, is it really possible that I could eat 30 mg's without feeling intoxicated due to tolerance? I mean 30 mg's is kind of a lot..

Did you get the alprazolam from a pharmacy? If not your pills might have been fake. Or you just didn't realize how fucked up you were?
Either way abusing benzos, especially with extremely high doses is a bad idea

I'm almost 100% sure they were real xanax, in blisters and everything :) And my friend was with me and I wasn't as fucked up as the other times I've taken benzos.. I know these xans are real I chewed 2 one time and it tasted really bad/bitter..

I'm almost 100% sure they were real xanax, in blisters and everything :) And my friend was with me and I wasn't as fucked up as the other times I've taken benzos.. I know these xans are real I chewed 2 one time and it tasted really bad/bitter..

time and tolerance makes fools of us all my friend.
perhaps its time you considered a tolerance break? 30mgs of alprazolam would have had me reeling.

Yeah the typical dose for those come in .5, 1 or 2mg so that would be equivalent to taking 15 bars. I am pretty sure that would knock most people completely out, and even possibly stop their breathing.

No guys, I've done similar incredibly stupid shit like this when I was young and much dumber, very naive on the subject of benzos. I never got much perceivable effects or really anything much in the way of recreation, so I even had dosages exceeding this guy. Some people, myself included either just don't get effects or more likely, do get incredibly intoxicated but just can't perceive it for whatever reason.....benzos really are very strange nonsensical drugs....

But I started reacting progressively differently to them as I got older and sometimes I'd get no effect like I did at younger age, but I started more frequently experiencing blackouts and extreme intoxication that I couldn't subjectively perceive, etc, all the bad shit we all know will likely happen at irresponsible and outright moronic dosages.
It did take me longer than I'm proud of to realize that I was affected differently than in the past, as well as how insane a magnitude to which I was being affected. I did experience more crazy blackouts, and retarded accidents (not car accidents, just retarded personal accidents/injuries lol) and idiotic shit my unknowingly intoxicated self did, and the many various problems this incredibly irresponsible, reckless and childish use and behaviors resulted in.

But I did learn, no doubt at all, I LEARNED- and my attitude, understanding of the class and each of it's specific substances, and my words are far different than in the past.

And despite the fact I don't get much value outside of medicinal (which I now use solely in this manner, RESPONSIBLY) from benzos, I respect them much more than most other drugs, because they really do command absolute respect unless you're looking for underrepresented trouble they carry if you don't....sometimes I can't believe some of the benzo posts I see honestly and I have to sometimes refrain from being an asshole calling someone an idiot even if they are lol.
I feel very strongly that too many people- in fact, most don't treat them with the respect this class of drugs is due. But I guess they prefer to ignore the best advice and guidelines offered and instead learn the hard way as I had to....my lesson could've been much more rough or ended much worse though is the thing......I do wish people would be more responsible with their use and respectful of the substance.....wishful thinking.

Well I guess this is the end for me with benzos.. if I can take that many and don't feel high or anything, then taking them would make no sense at all.. although I've had great experiences with benzos.. maybe in some months I'll take them again, otherwise it would just be a waste of money.

Did you get the alprazolam from a pharmacy? If not your pills might have been fake. Or you just didn't realize how fucked up you were?
Either way abusing benzos, especially with extremely high doses is a bad idea

I'd be willing to put money on he was incredibly intoxicated, maybe even completely wrecked, but just couldn't subjectively perceive it. Happened personally more times than I could ever count....for some reason, I've almost never been able to subjectively perceive benzo intoxication.....just my personal reaction to them I guess. Some subclasses and specific substances more than others though....

I very strongly echo your sentiment that this guy really should stop doing this kind of ridiculous, beyond irresponsible shit in such incredibly reckless dosages. He's already seeing just how differently he can react one experience from another for no controllable reason. He took same dosage of same drug and roughly the same tolerance- which I seriously doubt is 30 fucking milligrams. He's clearly not very experienced, in fact I'd say naive to the specific substance, I very seriously doubt tolerance is his problem, he doesn't need a tolerance break, he needs a reality break. I'm sure he'd get perfectly intoxicated off a tenth of that dosage (like an average person), but like myself and many others, for some reason, his brain just is incapable of subjectively perceiving his benzo intoxication. Of course, it become a tiny bit more apparent with gargantuan dosages, but at that point, you're getting slammed with the negative effects for only a glimpse of the positive ones. And I guarantee you, OP, this will not get any better as time goes on- no matter how hard you try or how many times you do. Similar shit that happened to me will happen to you and only increase in frequency the more you try. I don't even try using them for recreational purposes anymore. Sometimes you just gotta admit the reality of your own unique personal nature and what substances sync/work with it and which don't. And you have to stop shooting yourself in the foot to try to hit a paper target under a metal plate under your foot. Or a simpler way of explaining- I realized I was chasing a high that my personal bio/neurochemistry simply doesn't allow, but you bet your ass it allowed the negative side effects. I guess I just chose to grow up really.

OP, I'm sure you'll ignore my advice because you think you know better, but I have at least a decades worth of scripts and additional countless loads of diverted scripts of experience here (on top of the pharmacological knowledge/ed in addition to that), so I actually do usually kinda know a little what I'm talking about and do have pretty decent advice and words to share....I'm not saying you should necessarily give up all recreational endeavors with this substance as I have yet, sounds like you've still got a fair bit of experimenting with this shit left in you, but all I ask you, in fact, I implore you, PLEASE, REDUCE YOUR DOSAGES to ones that have AT LEAST the tiniest resemblance of responsibility and HR....Based off what I know, and what you've explained, I'm pretty damn certain you reached incredible intoxication and simply couldn't subjectively perceive or realize it.....it's actually a very coming phenomenon with benzos actually, and more likely to happen in certain people- I'm betting you're in that group. If you don't, I absolutely guarantee you- I'd in fact bet large sums of money- that soon enough, that 30 mg dose is going to cause havoc.....maybe ruined relationships, injuries, accidents, deaths, crimes, you never fucking know. Could even be something that has never and never will be in your nature/character. I shocked myself with some of the retarded shit I did and some accidents/injures I had......and I was incredibly lucky nothing worse happened. And I know I was.

Well I guess this is the end for me with benzos.. if I can take that many and don't feel high or anything, then taking them would make no sense at all.. although I've had great experiences with benzos.. maybe in some months I'll take them again, otherwise it would just be a waste of money.

Wow, color me surprised Young Tweaker. Many wouldn't have that kind of sound decision making. The wish for the high often has people chasing it for ages despite all logic and reason. But yeah, I had to arrive at the same conclusion as you. Sucked a little since everyone else got so much enjoyment out of them, but all recreational attempts generally resulted in at best-nothing, and at worst- fucked up bullshit and problems. Just not worth taking such insane risk for an effect I'm 95-99% unlikely to receive anyway. And it actually doesn't bother me anymore and I don't really have any desire to try anymore either. Suppose it may not have been the worst thing though, I don't abuse so only in reasonable script level dosages or barely higher for tol, and for the right reasons, plus the addiction to these drugs.......scary, horrifying, dangerous and potentially life-threatening shit....nor somethin to fuck with....very unwise. Very strange drugs too, much more ambiguous than many.....

Regardless, I do agree you've made a wise decision. If you do end up trying again in the future though, I really hope you'll have taken to heart at least some of what I've said, and at least try to use and dose more responsibly....I honestly do believe my idea very well could be the case for you. It is with many, but it's hard for them to give up on. But I mean really, it's not as if we don't have a vast selection to choose from in this world....I don't understand why get so set on a single drug when it doesn't work as it's typically represented to just because your of a certain population that reacts differently to it than the desirable effects advertised....especially with the very real and incredibly serious pitfalls.....

So a couple of days ago I ate 30 mg's of xanax throughout the day and evening..

I didn't really feel as fucked up as I've done the other times, is it really possible that I could eat 30 mg's without feeling intoxicated due to tolerance? I mean 30 mg's is kind of a lot..

It's very possible if you've been doing high doses recently, or have a history of doing so.