• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax tastes weird

TAVOR

Bluelighter
Whenever I take Xanax, I notice that I'm left with a weird taste in my mouth. 2 days ago I dissolved four 0.5mg pills under my tongue at 10pm (because I was outside and I didn't have water), the taste was absolutely terrible. It slowly faded away when I drank some water and ate some chips, however, I still experienced a subtle strange metallic taste even when I woke up and it went away when I ate for lunch (11 hours later).

I've read on Reddit similar reports of people experiencing this, therefore I'm glad I'm not the only one. But does anyone know what could cause this?
Could it be the fillers?

stope being a little pussie is my 5 cents on this. i mean, if u taking pills sublingually , ofc that shit is going to leave some shitty taste in your mouth...i had a silly feel that xanxax tasted sweet, but that wa just my sweet tooth cas i eat dem candies like some idiots here eat benzos...

i dont think its the xanax 2 days after the fact, when you initially take yeah xanax is the by far for me the worst tasting benzo
i exp that metallic taste in my mouth(like a penny taste) from time to time but its nothing to be alarmed about
it can be GERD, if you bleed from your teeth... blood can have that taste , during anxiety your taste buds can be over sensitive....it can be numerous things

stope being a little pussie is my 5 cents on this. i mean, if u taking pills sublingually , ofc that shit is going to leave some shitty taste in your mouth...i had a silly feel that xanxax tasted sweet, but that wa just my sweet tooth cas i eat dem candies like some idiots here eat benzos...

Was that really necessary? do you feel better about yourself now?
If you're gonna insult someone, at least use proper spelling.
at very minimum try and form a coherent sentence

This^ I agree with. Xanax is quite bitter. To answer your question OP the active ingredient seems to be the source of the taste IMO. I've had multiple different generic brands of Xanax and they have ALL had that uniquely Xanax bitter taste to them.

If it really bothers you that much then put some water in your mouth, shove the pill in, and swallow quickly and chase it down before you have a chance to taste it.

Although I'm not a huge fan of them the taste doesn't bother me. Plus I don't have a problem swallowing pills without water.

one of my biggest complaints about it though is the very weird uneasy feeling in my stomach the next day. Now that I'm typing this I have also noticed that food doesn't taste as good and feels weird in my stomach. Not nausea or feeling like I have to crap or anything. So hard to describe.

Although I'm not a huge fan of them the taste doesn't bother me. Plus I don't have a problem swallowing pills without water.

one of my biggest complaints about it though is the very weird uneasy feeling in my stomach the next day. Now that I'm typing this I have also noticed that food doesn't taste as good and feels weird in my stomach. Not nausea or feeling like I have to crap or anything. So hard to describe.

yes exactly well it doesn't happen all the time but sometimes it makes my stomach uneasy

i usually smash the xanax and mix it food grade vegetable glycerin and a dash of kool aid or pixie dust candy to mask the taste

yes, yes. okay buddy. roger that. will try harder next time, i promise .