• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Xanax taper and Insomnia-No sleep for almost 2 days

drfeelgood1

Bluelighter
I’m on a Xanax taper and my withdrawal symptoms are not as bad so far at the moment.

However, I can’t sleep for almost 2 days now.

Is there any supplements that will work right away for sleep?

At the very least, I can perhaps take some antihistamine.

Even been taking 50mg of CBD oil and it doesn’t work.

Just need some of your thoughts.

Last edited:
Will try DPH. For about how long until my body puts me back into my natural sleep cycle?

If your in benzo WD then it will take a week or two to be able to sleep properly again.

Thanks for the responses.

I’m chucking the CBD down the toilet….Wasted my hard earned money for a SCAM! Did not help with sleep whatsoever…

THC works better than CBD for sleep (THC edibles specifically). Must be used at low dose though during benzo withdrawal to avoid anxiety.

Diphenhydramine might help at 25-50mg.

But overall there isnt a whole lot that works during benzo withdrawal (that doesn't also exacerbate the issue). Amanita muscaria gummies seem to help, but I'm not 100% how good of a solution they are.

If your in benzo WD then it will take a week or two to be able to sleep properly again.
possibly, if you have no baseline insomnia.
And everyone has their own timeline.
It took me more than 3 months off to get more than five hours sleep without strong sleep meds.

I will stick to a low dose DPH. Because I don’t want to be totally knocked out either.

If you can spare yourself wrom work or duties than try not to force sleep with those all kinds of off-label sleeping stuff like antihistamines or even antipsych(neuroleptics, anticholinergics)
Cause in benzo taper and withdrawal state of mind is as homeostasis or glutamate and noradrenalin or norepinephrine it's the same thing just diff name in different states.
Tinctures can be bought in herb stores meaning valerian in ethanol and the higher the percentage the more potent it is but also everything in benzo taper or withdrawal can have paradoxal effect.

I remember quetiapine made me restless and manic a bit in low doses like 50mg but it is not set in stone.

Try to eat and get yourself out on sun if you can I know this is easier said than done as I was having three socks in spring time and time which is the thing that makes you heal was my worst enemy in one moment so I caved first time with phenibut and pregabalin!

slepp will come don't worry but those will be naps at first than sleeping normaly from my experience but you are doing the right thing tapering and trying to stop Xanax cause it's messed up, amnesic, aphatetic med when used daily

I’ll even start a hardcore cardio workout just before going to bed to see if that does the trick as a good workout should get me exhausted afterwards.