View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Xanax+Shrooms= Good or bad trip?

Te0X2t

Bluelighter
Would the Xanax over power the shrooms? Would i not trip? Or would it give a nice take off for the crazy adventure in the near future?

Hey! You just told me no benzos in my post! Lol

Well in all seriousness, I only use benzos to sleep after rolling/tripping. I ate a generic .25mg Xanax before my first acid trip ever to calm my nerves. Now I recommend it to everyone. I've found a humble medicinal dose is more effective when tripping. Reduce trip-anxiety, not feel drunk and forget everything lol

I once saw a guy on shrooms and xanax, each for his first time. To make matters worse, he took a high dose of each, and he wasn't aware that xanax could destroy your memory recall before he took it. So he constantly was suddenly freaking out wondering what was going on because he'd never tripped before, then after being told why he was freaking out asked why he couldn't remember anything, then basically started the cycle over again. He looked like he was having a terrible time lol.

Last weekend was my second shroom experience, but my first real intense shroom trip. Approaching the peak, I started feeling anxious and a bit overwhelmed, so I decided to take a quarter of a bar (.5 mg) to round out the edges. I am unsure as to whether it did anything other than give me the mental strength to continue my trip, but i definitely recommend it in a situation such as mine. Especially if you already have the mindset that it'll help. Furthermore, it did nothing to destroy the trip effects, which is what I was most worried about.

Last edited:
Some people argue that using benzos to kill the anxiety during the trip is like escaping facing it and preventig any 'growth' or learning from the trip.

Just a thought. I have recured to benzos when tripping and i find that small doses are great.

I've done xanax and acid together, as well as valium and shrooms. I find I always have a better trip when I combine psychedelics with benzos. I don't particularly like psychs, because for me, there's always a lingering "uncomfortable" feeling, even if I'm having a good trip. How much experience do you have with each substance? If you haven't done shrooms much, I would recommend taking them by themself, and then to take the xanax if you start to get even slightly uncomfortable. If you're experienced and comfortable with shrooms, and just curious about the combo, go for it. I'd recommend not taking the xanax until you start tripping (i.e. don't take them at the same time), due to xanax's short duration. Have fun.

Personally I think if your taking psychedelics with benzos you might as well throw the psychedelics away...unless the only reason you trip is just to get "fucked up" & "see shit", in which case anything I have to say about psychedelics has no relevance to that way of using them. Not trying to be rude to anyone, other people's preferences are their own business, I'm being rude to benzodiazepines not those who use them.

Last edited:
One of the main reasons for tripping is to be able to remove your defense mechanisms and experience your raw emotions. Adding a benzodiazepine may reduce potential anxiety, but you can work through that yourself if you encounter it, therefore learning something about yourself and psychedelics as a result.

^ Exactly, the uncomfortable trips I've had have allowed me to actually work through issues & get past them...trying to kill anxiety with drugs like benzos, your just hiding from the anxiety/yourself, it never goes away for real, it will always come back stronger & stranger. But if you confront it, face it head on, you can actually get through it.