• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax questions

koleskyline

Greenlighter
Can someone explain Xanax in details? I read about it everywhere on the internet but I'm not familiar with it since i never heard of it in my country. I wonder what is Xanax, what it's used for, dosage, side effects and other important things that you think I should know before consuming. I read that it's good for anxiety, but what exactly does it do? Is it dangerous at all and does it have withdrawal symptoms? Thanks.

xanax is alprazolam which is a benzo. it is prescribed here in the us to fight anxiety. xanax gives you a calm feeling but really nothing more. taking too much can cause you to black out especially mixed with alcohol. When I would pop a xanax back in the day it just made me feel like everything was going to be alright. but it caused me to forget constantly black out and make a fool out of myself.
Also what country are you from I'm sure that they have some form of alprazolam over there.

As maddawg said above xanax is a benzo, it is a Central Nervous System depressant and is prescribed for anxiety, as well as sleeping disorders and certain mental disorders and mood disorders occasionally. It is really only handed out a lot in the U.S., canada and western europe. In other places doctors tend to be more cautious about prescribing it although there may be more generic/street xanax available elsewhere - in the U.S. there is also a thriving market for street-pressed "bars" which are just alprazolam (the active ingredient in xanax) or a similar benzo pressed into pills that are supposed to look a lot like the legit prescriptions.
Dosage is typically 0.5mg-2mg when prescribed, although some rec doses can exceed even 10mg. For your first few times I would not take more than 3mg in one dose (1.5 white bars or 3 blue ovals if those are the pills you have, I don't know the dosage for other pills off the top of my head).
Side effects: memory loss/black outs, slowed reaction time, impaired motor skills, dizziness, sluggishness, impaired judgement, passing out, physical and mental addiction.

The ones you need to watch for the most (besides addiction forming after frequent use) are the memory loss, impaired judgement and blacking out/passing out - a common story/pattern of use for many people is "Yeah man yesterday I bought 10 bars, popped 2 of them, an hour later decided to take another 2, then passed out and woke up the next morning with all 10 of them gone and a bad cut/bruise on my (name a body part).
Just take it slow, don't overuse them and don't drive or do other stupid stuff on them and you'll be fine.
Hope that answered all of your questions.