• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos xanax once a week

tuputts

Greenlighter
i am using xanax 1mg once a week for about 3 months without any withdrawals until now i think. 4 days after last use am having possible withdrawal symptoms for the first time. is this likely and how long will it last.

No it is not likely or even physically possible . Whatever “withdrawal” you are feeling is being caused by you overthinking it . If it was Valium then I would say that maybe it’s possible due to it’s super long half life but definitely not with xanax . What are you taking it for? Sleep, anxiety or just to chill?

It could definitely be withdrawal.

Usually starts around day 4-5 but probably wont last longer than 8 days if your use has been moderate (as it has).

You know I think it's totally up to you, there is no actual withdrawal so to speak to be feared with benzo use. It all comes down to one's subjective responses.

You know I think it's totally up to you, there is no actual withdrawal so to speak to be feared with benzo use. It all comes down to one's subjective responses.

Just nonsense sorry.

Benzo withdrawal is often a truly terrible experience and can be extremely dangerous if not managed correctly.

op's use is pretty damn small though

Just nonsense sorry.

Benzo withdrawal is often a truly terrible experience and can be extremely dangerous if not managed correctly.

op's use is pretty damn small though
I would argue that there is no actual withdrawal that is a direct cause of the substance, it is a matter of one's subjective response.

Don't forget that a big factor in it is that benzos are often prescribed for various clinical conditions, so manifestation of symptoms which can be described as withdrawal should not be negligible, however I've never experienced such. That's why I call it a subjective factor.

extended, daily use of benzodiazepines will cause significant physical dependence.

Last edited:
It could definitely be withdrawal.

Usually starts around day 4-5 but probably wont last longer than 8 days if your use has been moderate (as it has).
You know, that's exactly what happens to me. I go for 4 or 5 days thinking I am alright and then I am not. weed and hydroxyzine helped with the tremors. And yes, .i am hypersensitive and a light weight . 😵
And been on the xan's Now 😵 on and off fer about a year. So far I won't touch them because of the shakes and hopeless feeling when I have to stop ☹, oh and some booze helped champagne and sparkling wine.
omg I was trembling so badly.. . . AND FELT LIKE SHIT AWFUL.
So yes, they take a while for me to ween from or at least they seem to lean towards that result with my current situ. ; trying not to take anything.
except weed, which I DO NOT consider something, even though it fuckin helps but so does FOOD and WATER for that matter.
omg where am i again what fn thread is this.

Yeah it's safe to say that using it once a week won't give you a withdrawal, you would have to be taking a lot more, it's just a fact.

I took it alot more ! I wish I was Only taking it once a week, but no, more.
I would have been more worried about it's negative effects on your health and mind when taking a lot more than having withdrawal you know. This stuff is fine and useful when used in moderation, but being addicted to it makes you a zombie, ofc you don't feel right when you're sober for the first time after being brain dead for some time. And mixing it with alcohol can go very wrong before you know it.

i need to sleep so i can go to my shift tonight.

i am going to try a half of a 25mg hydroxyzine bc a whole dose makes me into a zombie like trance for a day and a half with no energy and wasn't even that drunk from wine a champagne as 25mg's of that makes me feel like. it's like being in a drunken stupor really badly for almost two days. i remember the days when i couldn't sleep. now all i do is have to sleep. mushrooms could probably do some magic.

i just need some rest, now, before work. hopefully a half of 25mg vistaril wont hit so hard, hopefully. bye.

There's people here who are dealing with actual withdrawals here so this thread may look confusing to some, that's all I'm saying. Not to say that people who are experiencing withdrawal from xanax should not be taken seriously or be dismissed. Sometimes it sounds creepy and hilarious it kinda makes you take it too seriously, it's frightening.

Last edited:
i didnt mix it with alcohol, i used it INSTEAD to stop the shakes and anxieties. it's just useless trying to type this all out half of the time.

You know, that's exactly what happens to me. I go for 4 or 5 days thinking I am alright and then I am not. weed and hydroxyzine helped with the tremors. And yes, .i am hypersensitive and a light weight . 😵
And been on the xan's Now 😵 on and off fer about a year. So far I won't touch them because of the shakes and hopeless feeling when I have to stop ☹, oh and some booze helped champagne and sparkling wine.
omg I was trembling so badly.. . . AND FELT LIKE SHIT AWFUL.
So yes, they take a while for me to ween from or at least they seem to lean towards that result with my current situ. ; trying not to take anything.
except weed, which I DO NOT consider something, even though it fuckin helps but so does FOOD and WATER for that matter.
omg where am i again what fn thread is this.

Sorry to ask but how do you smoke weed with hydroxyzine ? Last time i did that I was feeling so confused, almost can't breath.. i took 25mg and smoke one alone.