• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax help!?

sadie101

Greenlighter
okay so I've never taken drugs in my life and this guy offered to sell me Xanax. I really want to try it and to have some fun for once. But I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into. My mom tracks and me and doesn't let me hang around with a lot of people much. But if I bought it from this person he would want me to try it with him. I usually go to a place to study for about 3 hours a day. Is there any way I could chill in his car and take it but be fine whenever my mom comes and picks me up. Like is this a good high? Is it safe? Is there and after effects? I know some people said it makes you sleepy but can I just not go to sleep and when it wears off will I be fine and not sleepy still? I just need all the info I can get. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sadie, welcome to Bluelight! I had to remove the price from your post as it's against our forum rules. One thing I will say is Xanax can hit you hard and fast, especially if you have never used it before. If you want to take it, do it at home where you can go to sleep if needed. It won't help you to study because it's a sedative. I would not recommend taking more than .25-.50 mg for your first time. We have lots of threads where other members have shared their experiences. Here's a couple to give you an idea:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/554806-what-does-a-xanax-high-feel-like

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/666363-Xanax-high

The thing is you will think your fine but everyone else will be like wtf is this kid on

Yes don't take more than 0.25-0.5mg's if its your first time.

Its not very euphoric, it will make you sleepy mostly. The euphoria is in the "slightly drunk" feeling you get but its not worth the tiredness.

IMO, xanax is good for what its prescribed for (anxiolysis), as a sleep aid, for stim/psychedelic comedowns, and for opioid withdrawal.

But its not a good drug for euphoria.

Yes don't take more than 0.25-0.5mg's if its your first time.

Its not very euphoric, it will make you sleepy mostly. The euphoria is in the "slightly drunk" feeling you get but its not worth the tiredness.

IMO, xanax is good for what its prescribed for (anxiolysis), as a sleep aid, for stim/psychedelic comedowns, and for opioid withdrawal.

But its not a good drug for euphoria.

I would certainly second this, as xanax has helped with my general anxiety, but it doesn't produce a sense of euphoria that is worth the effort/money/risk of addiction. However it works wonders as a parachute for psych and stim comedowns. In the case of stim comedowns it can be used to stem tachycardia and any anxiety that may contribute to it. What's more DO NOT under any circumstances combine xanax with alcohol, opioids or any other drugs which may cause respiratory depression in an attempt to potentiate the xanax high. There have been several instances of people dying as a result of these combinations.

As for the mom situation I would advise you try a smaller dose to see how it affects you (0.25mg being the standard recreational dose with no tolerance).

xanax isnt something that you take for fun....seriously its not fun youll either fall asleep or if you take to much youll pass out and not remember wtf happen
youll have more fun eating pop rocks and sodie pop

it's not a particularly social drug and falling asleep/being drowsy is a real risk. Also, there is fake shit floating around out there.

Is this person a good friend? I'd say you should only take stuff with/from someone you really trust.

I've blacked out taking a dose too high. I'd question this guys intentions if he knows you haven't taken drugs before and you have to take it with him. Either way start at a low dose like everyone here's suggesting and be prepared to fall asleep. Even if you don't feel messed up before the nod hits there's a good chance everyone around you will know you took something and when it hits it hits like a train-sudden and intense. It's better for anxiety than recreation unless you are combining it with another substance and as stated above some substances are lethal when combined with it. Be safe. Be smart.