• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax ER and cigarrettes

RxVeritas

Bluelighter
I recently started on Xanax ER 2mg and there is a lot of literature out there about cigarette smoking reducing the efficacy by up to 50%.

I quit smoking years ago, I now vape nicotine salts, farily moderately throughout the day.

What I'm wondering is whether the enzyme inhibition (?) that weakens the xanax comes specifically from nicotine, or if it's likely something else in the cigarette, or even the act of smoking itself. I don't have of a control group since I don't have more than the occasional cigarette with my dad (once a week tops) because I far prefer vaping. If it means that I get 50% more out of Xanax ER, that's pretty significant and something I should probably be taking into consideration....

Personal experiences are highly welcomed! Either way, I appreciate your feedback!

mods: please move to advanced drug discussion if thats appropriate

combusting and inhaling any smoke causes more enzyme activity, thus possibly reducing efficacy of some substances. It is for compounds formed that are called by some alphabets I can not recall. Alprazolam is active by itself. I have never read nicotine vape or buccal administration of tobacco (snus) causing anything like that but maybe it is possible. Last time there was discussion about this, no one came up with any evidence of nicotine itself or snus being issue.