• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax drop

Gratefulone

Greenlighter
I recently got cut off my Xanax supply-I was down to .25 mg for about a week and now have none left-it’s my second day without any but I’ve read that withdrawal maybe doesn’t set in til third day? I have a short supply of 2 mg Valium. Have been on Xanax and Valium for two years. The most Xanax I took at one time would be about 1/2 mg twice a day. What can help with my anxiety? Have lots of gabapentin and lyrica. Also detoxing from 30 mg of Percocet daily. Is this a small enough dose of Xanax to abruptly stop safely?

If it was .25mg of alprazolam/day that is a dose low enough where risk of seizure is pretty unlikely (unless you are predisposed to seizures). The 2mg diazepam tablets will be helpful, taper off with what you have.

Though helpful avoid excessive use of the gabapentin/pregabalin as its probably not necessary and they are both physically addictive.

I recently got cut off my Xanax supply-I was down to .25 mg for about a week and now have none left-it’s my second day without any but I’ve read that withdrawal maybe doesn’t set in til third day? I have a short supply of 2 mg Valium. Have been on Xanax and Valium for two years. The most Xanax I took at one time would be about 1/2 mg twice a day. What can help with my anxiety? Have lots of gabapentin and lyrica. Also detoxing from 30 mg of Percocet daily. Is this a small enough dose of Xanax to abruptly stop safely?
If it was .25mg of alprazolam/day that is a dose low enough where risk of seizure is pretty unlikely (unless you are predisposed to seizures). The 2mg diazepam tablets will be helpful, taper off with what you have.

Though helpful avoid excessive use of the gabapentin/pregabalin as its probably not necessary and they are both physically addictive.
I think 0.25 mg Alprazolam is equivalent to about 5 mg Diazepam.. So as negrogesic says.. You could use your 2 mg Diazepam to taper off if you feel any severe withdrawal symptoms.

Good luck ;)

You should be able to stop abruptly from this dosage of Alprazolan (Xanax) assuming you dont have any neurological conditions that might give you a naturally lower seizure threshold.

Be strong and pragmatic because you have a limited supply. Use enough that you're not completely miserable and able to get at least 2-3 hours of real sleep at night. Stay hydrated, as it will really make you feel better.

Gabapentinoids like Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Gabapentin (Neurontin) should be fairly helpful in treating your symptoms. Insomnia is generally a big problem for folks in sedative/hypnotic withdrawal and Pregabalin has been shown to, and I'm not a doctor here, increase the quality of the sleep that you do get. The Gabapentinoids should also help temper your Opioid withdrawal.

Ths bottom line is that there is going to be some inevitable pain as you go through this, but it's not gonna be a nightmare and you're fully capable of doing it yourself. At the end of the rainbow, is a life free from the need of these drugs.

Keep us updated on your symptoms and how things are progressing and sont be afraid to ask questions if you're unsure of something.

Good luck :)

I developed a dependency on Xanax myself, originally prescribed by my Doctor for severe anxiety. With benzodiazepines the body becomes dependent on them very quickly, it only takes about a month of continuous use before you are dependent. Like yourself I had been using Xanax continually for around three years and I made the huge mistake of quitting cold turkey which led to me having multiple seizures and hospital visits (in my defence I was very young and naive) in my opinion Xanax is by far the worst benzo out there as it has such a short half life and is by far one of the strongest. I had to taper of slowly over the course of a few months. I’m not going to sugar coat it, it was hell on earth! When tapering of benzodiazepines you need to use one with a long half life, diazepam/Valium or even Klonopin/Clonazepam is best for this. I would also strongly advice getting some cannabis just to take the edge of, also cannabis is great for preventing seizures. Benzodiazepines are probably one of the hardest drugs to withdraw from but it’s so worth it! I hope I have helped in some way and please feel free to message me for any advice I have a lot of experience in helping people withdraw from benzodiazepines. P.s. this is not something you can do on your own it’s best to find an outpatient rehab or even a family member to hold on to your medications.