• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax daily for 3 weeks 0.5-1mg daily

imonk23

Greenlighter
Xanax daily for 3 weeks 0.5-1mg daily (there have been around 7 days in between 3 weeks where i take 0mg) skip doses
first weeks i took 0.25 once a day
the second week i took 0.25 twice a day
the third week 0.5 twice a day
for muscle constraction (entire body) worsen when stressed, especially the stomach part the constraction and cramp is so bad, i already take buscopan no effect until they gave me xanax 0.25mg then it healed for about 3 hours
is it already dependence? will i feel withdrawal symptoms?
in my country its hard to get prescribed diazepam ( i heard it way safer , dependencies usually start after 8 months with diazepam? )

Last edited:
Honestly, if you've never taken it before then you should have no problems just stopping cold turkey. I did this many times during pain management and when my family doctor would prescribe benzos to me. I never had any problems with running out and just throwing the bottle away and not really thinking about it again except that I missed not having the relief from the muscle spasms and burning muscles that I had in the evenings.

Xanax is fast acting and clears your system fast, plus you skipped using almost a week of those 3 weeks.

People often panic over withdrawal, but small amounts of any drug used on and off for 3 weeks is a walk in the park. Don't think about it or dwell on it because then every spasm your body naturally has may make you think Oh No! Lol

You're good man.

Thx man for the reply, i afraid im gonna use it 0.5mg twice a day again more due to whole body muscle tightning/spasm
How long do you think alprazolam will start to show withdrawal effect? (After 4 weeks use daily nonstop?)

I dont know what to do to be honest probably change to diazepam for relieve for spasm? I heard diazepam took around 8 months to dependencies, is that right?
The problem they keep prescribed alprazolam instead of diazepam eventhough i already asked the doctor to change it
Its hard to get diazepam prescribsion here (indonesia)

They already gave me fluexicine (ssri) not really sure the name but not work

I doubt your withdrawal would be much more than some mild/moderate anxiety and difficulty sleeping.

I took .5MG klonopin daily for 2ish years and when i quit i had no problems at all, you should be fine :). Mild anxiety and maybe some trouble sleeping will occur, but thats about it. Good luck and be proud youre getting off them before it potentially became a big habit.

Klonopin similar to diazepam when it comes to withdrawal resistance?
0.5mg klonopin = 2 mg diazepam ?

I know it probably works better than anything else you've ever tried but there is a hefty price to pay my friend. Drop it while you still can. Otherwise I would not recommend dropping it outside of a rehabilitation center. This substance is not to be fucked with. It's hugs you really close and tight and locks in. You really don't want to start forgetting every damn thing in the world it's scary and embarassing to say the least.

Try practicing breathing. You'd be surprised. Meditate. Anything but xanax. Good luck.

You?ll have some withdrawals but you aren?t in risk for a seizure. I understand anxiety well and I know the feeling.

Please just try to use CBT skills to get better. Dependence is liking if you don?t stop now. I?m sorry for all you?re going through.