• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Xanax: Causes MORE anxiety in the long run

billyj

Bluelighter
Just my experience, but xanax actually makes you more anxious over time. Worrying about missing pills, but not sure if they're missing or you took them and have no memory of taking them, worrying about missing important dates and the fallout from not attending or remembering best friend's/mother's birthday or important job or business task, worrying about running out of xanax, worrying about the fact that you are so dregged out by this stage that you'll have to quit and go through benzo withdrawal. Thoughts?

I read somewhere that after a while, your adrenal system is so haywire from being on dolls for so long that it often over supplies you with adrenaline also - giving that wonderful xanax rage, where even though you're doped to the eyeballs on tranx, you are uncontrollably angry and tense. So much fun.

Those who were taking alprazolam showed earlier and more intense rebound anxiety and withdrawal symptoms than did the patients who received diazepam.

I took xanax for 10days and i had an intense rebound depression at the end of the day.
I had side effects which i only experienced after taking xtc namely sleep paralysis.
All benzos have a rebound effect but it seems to be that short acting ones have a much greater one.
Especially benzos who are for anxiety namely alprazolam aka xanax or lorazepam aka tavor

There are lots of studies which came to the conclusion that xanax leads to a greater anxiety after discontinuiaton.
But cmon we are in a drug forum.
We all know that all drugs causing rebound

Absolutely it makes it worse, all benzos do.

Talking beyond my years of illicit benzo abuse, I've had 3 xanax scripts during my life.

Other than getting me into trouble, they made my anxiety so much worse in the end (for a few months).

I think to some people, in a way, benzos are more destructive than opioids. I fall into this category.

I can quit heroin easier than a benzo habit. Just me though...

Also a hard benzo dependence is more difficult to quit than opioids, in my opinion.

If u take a benzo and then the next day don’t and drink a cup of coffee it will induce social anxious.