• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Xanax blackout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeleex

Greenlighter
Hey guys I'm new here, sorry if something like this has been posted before. So last night I bought 6 2mg bars, 3 for me and 3 for my girl. We each did one and had a drink (not good I know), but I remember driving home and that's it. Next thing I knew I woke up at like 4 pm and the rest of the xans were gone and I apparently did cocaine too because my straw and mirror were out and the rest of my coke was gone but I have NO memory of this. Also my girlfriend told me I was really in the mood and she tried to have sex with me and apparently I passed out during the proceedings (so embarrassing btw). Again, have no memory of us having sex. So my questions are, is it normal to do xans than just keep doing more (even if you don't remember), and is it normal to black out like that? Granted, I don't have a super high tolerance to benzos, I just do them once in awhile and I unknowingly took 6mg. I was just curious as to why I kept doing them (and coke) and have no memory of it? Is this pretty common?

Driving on alcohol and benzos - glad you woke up and didn't kill yourself / other people during the drive home.

Blackouts on benzos are very common - (ask my neighbors :D)

"I bought some Xanax, some for now and some for, you know, later..."

Welcome to Bluelight Deeleex, our numbers swell with each new day. What you've experienced is the calling card, if you will of Benzodiazepines. Amnesia of the events post-consumption is one of the pesky side-effects of these drugs. I know it can seem kind of funny, but it can be serious business. Benzodiazepines are well known for their anxiolysis, but at one point or another, this anxiolysis progresses into utter disinhibition.

While disinhibited, you might decide that you need a little more Xanax or you might forget that you'd taken any to begin with. Next time, create a contingency plan, like having someone hold onto your pills for you. You don't want to be one of the poor saps whose life becomes completely ruined by Benzodiazepines. Car crashes, police brawls, unwanted pregnancies and everything in between are consequences of Benzodiazepine abuse.

^He's right. The amnesia can also lead to redosing...forgetting you've already taken some, and this could happen repeatedly. It's something you should be aware of with drugs that cause amnesia and mess with your memory. I've had it happen to me with diphenhydramine, and I landed in the hospital because of it.

I'm a pretty level-headed, easy going guy. I don't really get angry or emotional very easily and I don't ever do anything to fuck with Cops if I can avoid it, but, one time when I was prescribed Clonazepam (Klonopin, Rivotril), I picked up a prescription for 60 .5mg tablets. I consumed 3mg right away and went about my shit. Later in the day, I was surrounded by police in downtown Nashua, red taser dots on my body, with a nurse trying to talk me down like I was King Kong or something.

It turns out I had taken all 60 tables, 30mg of Clonazepam in about 4 hours time, combined with a High-Gravity Lager I somehow got a hold of. I had no intention of doing any of this. It just fucking happened. I apparently tried to fight the Cops, but I was so wrecked it was probably more like watching an interpretive dance. Disorderly Conduct charge... Be careful.

...I was so wrecked it was probably more like watching an interpretive dance...

The situation is serious as a heart attack and your advice should be taken seriously too, but fuck me sideways if I did not in fact LOL very, very hard reading that =D

30mgs clonazepam...damn, Keif'! Interpretive dance indeed!

The situation is serious as a heart attack and your advice should be taken seriously too, but fuck me sideways if I did not in fact LOL very, very hard reading that =D

30mgs clonazepam...damn, Keif'! Interpretive dance indeed!

Not at all my proudest moment. And yea, I have to laugh about it too, only because the experience is so depressing and embarassing. I'm a major proponent of responsible, recreational drug use, but that situation admittedly had nothing to do with harm reduction or responsiblity.

If I had had access to a car or something like that, there's no telling what damage I could have done, because I was obviously down for anything at that point. Benzodiazepines are often underestimated, but truthfully, I've never been fucked hard or faster than with Benzodiazepines, or their cousin, Alcohol.

Yeah with benzos the urge to redose is an ever-present danger, especially with the short-term amnesia thing going on, where you can forget how much you've dosed up to a certain point or not even be fully conscious of what you're doing (this is a danger with GHB/GBL too for the same reasons - it's happened to me in the same way with G, where I had no idea how much I had taken, how much I had left, what the hell I was doing, etc).

So yeah, for the OP, taking 6mg's alprazolam and not consciously realizing it is a possibility. Usually best to lock it up after dosing, or giving it to someone to hold onto so you can't redose on your own accord.

Edit: Was the "high gravity lager" in question Steel Reserve? That's a helluva nasty beer XD

...Benzodiazepines are often underestimated...

Never again will I underestimate anything that acts on the GABA receptors. You're right - they're very unique in that you can go from buzzed to completely fucked in a short span of time, with a thin dose-response curve.

Last edited:
Benzos are tricky for me because I only take a .5 at a time but if I'm really anxious and take two it's too much. When I take my last dose for the day I don't really remember much that happens after.. :|

I underestimated the dangers of Xanax 2 weeks ago, I had used Xanax once before as a come down aid after taking MDMA, and everything was fine it worked as intended.
But 2 weeks ago I nearly died due to the Xanax blacking me out instead of chilling me out and falling to sleep.
I had taken 2 MDMA pills, and then I took Xanax later for the come down, I woke up later, I'm not sure how long it could have been 12 hours or it might have been more like 24hrs later.
I can't remember anything, except a very vague memory of taking more MDMA pills.

When I woke up I walked over to where I kept the pills, and all the Xanax had gone, about 24mg and so had 16 ecstasy pills.
I felt like I had an overdose level of drugs in my system, and I honestly do not know I survived, I was very lucky.

I was sure I was going die from an od, because I knew the pills I had were strong Q-Dance ecstasy.
I was so afraid of it that I blocked the thought out of my mind and didn't go to hospital until 4 days later,
everything checked out ok in hospital, though I did end up back in hospital again due to major anxiety and sleep deprivation, I didn't sleep at all for 8 days and nights.

It was a massive shock to my system, and really was hard work getting through it,
my flat, in the bedroom and bathroom smelt like a detox hospital, like really strong chemicals in the air, and completely soaked into my clothes, bed sheets and mattress.

I don't know how I survived, I guess it just wasn't my time to go.
I think the risk of blackout should definitely not be underestimated, it can make you act suicidal without knowing anything about it.
Crazy stuff.

Last edited:
Any benzodiazepines can go sideways on you. Depending on set and setting, benzodiazepines are like fire, and when you add alcohol, that?s like gasoline.

I can handle my stuff now, but there has been a few times in my past I ended up in jail after I blacked TFO on Xanax and alcohol.

OP and others that have experienced this, be happy nobody died while you were blacked out.

Benzodiazepines are serious drugs!

If you plan on drinking alcohol with benzos, dont buy more than 1-2 pills, or you will blackout or go apeshit or something bad will happen.
Especially alprazolam can cause some very very unexpected changes to your behaviour. Also, when you are high on benzos, you will not always even notice how messed up you are, and then you end up taking more of everything. Please use benzos for medication only.

edit: I just have to share this too. I once ended up taking like 8-10 pills of clonazepam after 3mg of xanax = i woke up in jail and i had robbed a small market with a pepper spray and brass knuckles. Just use them as medication please. Or 1-2 pills at your home couch with some weed and netflix :)

Benzo blackouts... I think we all have stories.

One night after blowing through a bag of blue footballs and whiskey shots, I called my boss and cussed him out because I thought he was hitting on my girlfriend. I threatened to kick his ass apparently. Apparently I also got caught making out with my roommates underage sister (I was like 19 at the time, she was 16, so it?s not as creepy as it sounds)... caught by the same girlfriend whom I thought by boss was hitting on. I remember none of this.

Or the one time I went tubing down the river the next day after an all night coke binge. Beer and Xanax to come down and enjoy the tubing trip. Woke up in an ambulance after being found passed out and unresponsive on the side of the riverbank. Lucky I didn?t drown. Was released from the hospital after they determined I wasn?t going to die. Passed out again on a bench in front of the hospital. That earned me a night in jail due to public intoxication and loitering.

Needless to say I?m very careful with benzos these days. I?m actually in the midst of a taper to get off them completely.

So OP it?s happened to us all. Lesson learned for you, hopefully.

If you plan on drinking alcohol with benzos, dont buy more than 1-2 pills, or you will blackout or go apeshit or something bad will happen.
Especially alprazolam can cause some very very unexpected changes to your behaviour. Also, when you are high on benzos, you will not always even notice how messed up you are, and then you end up taking more of everything. Please use benzos for medication only.

edit: I just have to share this too. I once ended up taking like 8-10 pills of clonazepam after 3mg of xanax = i woke up in jail and i had robbed a small market with a pepper spray and brass knuckles. Just use them as medication please. Or 1-2 pills at your home couch with some weed and netflix :)

i know you mean well, but you can't be that blase about topics like mixing two depressants together, for instance;
two pills. two xanax, two etizolam, bromazolam, lorazepam etc etc
what strength? 1mg, 4mgs, 10, 50 200 etc etc

i know it comes off as me being a dick but this is a harm reduction board so you must must must be specific when you're discussing these topics in case someone follows your advice and dies.
doubling down on sedatives be they heroin, drink, benzos, ket, Quaaludes, tropical fish tranquilizer is extremely dangerous and people overdose all the time, people with tolerances and have been doing this for years.
please bare this in mind, this is a harm reduction forum.
oh yeah and benzos are serious drugs and should be treated with respect.
anyway, sorry about that, just needed to make something clea

and also - no dick-sizing about number of pills and crimes and stuff,
and that doesn't just go to you, it goes to everyone here.
i see you
i see you aaalll ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ ;)

The point of this thread has been mixing Xanax with alcohol causes bad reactions most, if not all the time.
This thread has made its point. It is passing the harm reduction line.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.