• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Xanax bars!

anti150

Bluelighter
A friend of mine takes xanax every day. She gets the 2mg bars, but she says that sometimes when she breaks a bar in half and only takes 1mg that she never knows how strong it will be. Sometimes it barley helps and other times it knocks her out.

We know that there's obviously almost exactly 2mg in every bar, but we've come to the conclusion that maybe they aren't able to every distribute the actual narcotic evenly through the pill. There is 2 mg of actual Xanax in the whole pill, but there might be more on one side or the other. Could this be possible?

Thanks ?

Are they scored? If they are not, this is exactly what is happening . You should really never half a med that is not scored.

I think it's really unlikely one half of the bar is dosed higher than the other.... unless, they are poor generic knockoffs.

Think about how they're made in a factory,, with probably like tons of powder at a time,, the powder is going to be completely.. what's the word? Homogenous?
All the powder in that batch will be ultra ultra precisely dosed.. before it's pressed or capped or whatever.

So no, it's just that benzo's are like that. The same dose isn't necessarily going to produce the same effects every time.

Last edited:
Yes scored pills are evenly distributed (supposed to be) so you can break it in half and and get the correct dosage. Pills that are not scored are almost never evenly distributed, as it is going to cost more money for pharmaceutical companies to do that.

Yes scored pills are evenly distributed (supposed to be) so you can break it in half and and get the correct dosage. Pills that are not scored are almost never evenly distributed, as it is going to cost more money for pharmaceutical companies to do that.

my brain is evenly distributed in my head

It could have something to do with taking on an empty stomach or not! If she has just eaten and takes it, may not work as well! On an empty stomachs w/a small amount of food after taking it, would offer best absorption