• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax and weed combo

Chinoamer

Greenlighter
So first a little backround story. I recently went through a series of panick attacks, got diagnosed with mild anxiety and got prescribed xanax for a month, 0.5 x 3 a day.

I read alot about xanax and went through all the horror stories. So even a week after starting I was cutting the dose down, trying to manage my anxiety without the pills. Around 1.5 weeks into the xanax I completly stopped taking them, (did a little taper lol, the last few days i was only taking half the daily dose, then only one 0.25 before sleeping) almost a week has passed and ive managed well my anxiety with no WD at all, and Im happy about that.

Back to the main question, so its Sunday and Ive got like this shiton of xanax and some weed and im kinda craving taking 0.5 xanny with the weed see how it goes. Would it make me too sleepy to play games and relax? Could this be me being a little hooked on xanax? Should i just avoid it cause xanax has almost no recreational value?

I'm sorry I didn't respond yesterday.
But my first time smoking weed was yesterday at 330 EST, and it was only because I am on mg 2nd day of opiate withdrawal.

WELL, 6 - 7 decent pulls from a joint made by my fiancée friend, and within 5 minutes I was the most nervous wreck I've ever felt. I can't explain the feeling. Out of body experience. Like time didn't exist , like I didn't exist. I hated all 3 hours of my life. I took 1.5 mg of xanax a half hour after those hits and it did nothing for me. I wish I had better experience for you. But I take xanax almost daily for anxiety for 5 years and now more often for oxy withdrawals.

If you feel pretty confident in your level of energy before taking it then smoking it shouldn't be too much for you to handle. It'll obviously make you drowsy and spacey but personally it's one of my favorite combos, I used to love weed by itself but for some reason I react negatively to it now and become incredibly anxious on it. The Xanax obviously eliminates this and I'm able to enjoy being stoney bologna again.

And what do you mean Xanax has almost no recreational value? Do you mean personally for yourself it doesn't get you high?

Xanax has a ton of recreational value. There's a reason it's one of the most abused/diverted drugs out there.

0.5mg Xanax with weed would be a good combination. Smoke first. Your body will have the "nervous" response from the weed, and the Xanax will calm you down from that and give you the tipsy feeling on top of the stoned feeling.

I think it's a good thing you have quit Xanax as benzodiazepines can be quite addictive and once it gets into you and you start feeling the mental benefits and get emotionally relaxed, feeling good constantly it may be very hard to stop it. The reason is pretty simple, every time you stop you'll feel agitated, anxious and not like yourself. It sort of numbs your normal legit reactions and by doing so you would have to start all over again and it can take years to get back on track. It's more like a psychological craving that never ends because you can't be yourself like you've used to.

Having said that I believe the experience with cannabis will depend a lot of how you are feeling before smoking it. It can trigger some of your anxiety shit but it can be pretty relaxing if you are not particularly afraid of the trip itself. Xanax in this case could help, but it sort of 'cancels' some of the MJ effects by making you sleepy. It could be a good combo, but I wouldn't get so comfortable. I used benzos and opiates for a long time. I can say that opiates are pretty difficult to quit but so are benzos as you get used not to feel the things you are supposed to feel on a routine daily basis. I have had a long battle with meds, so this is just my opinion.

If you feel pretty confident in your level of energy before taking it then smoking it shouldn't be too much for you to handle. It'll obviously make you drowsy and spacey but personally it's one of my favorite combos, I used to love weed by itself but for some reason I react negatively to it now and become incredibly anxious on it. The Xanax obviously eliminates this and I'm able to enjoy being stoney bologna again.

And what do you mean Xanax has almost no recreational value? Do you mean personally for yourself it doesn't get you high?

Lemme refrase that, it has almost no recreational value for me. I did find relief when anxiety kicked in, but besides that I didn't felt like I enjoyed the high, it was more being confortable without anxiety.

That's why I think people could get hooked, at least for people with anxiety issues. Others I guess would like the sedation effects just because.

In the end I took the weed and xanax combo Monday night after work. It was a nice combo but I felt kinda numbed out. Good thing was I could puff away calmed af.

And we'll I took xanax again this week. Took 1mg total on Monday, Tuesday I didn't, Wednesday just 0.5 in the morning for anxiety and today again 0.5. Guess it's harder to let go than expected.

Last edited:
0.5mg isn't really a recreational dose. It will bring relief from panic attacks and may make you a little sedated but you won't have the drunk feeling that you would if you were taking 1.5-3mg.

Recreationally I think Xanax is a joke. Why get hooked on something that will give severe withdrawals if on it for long enough. I mean why get hooked on anything TBH. But, I personally don't find any great feeling from xanax besides a tired , light drunk feeling. I feel the same if I take 2 mg or 6 mg.

Xanax is addicting and imo your playing with a starving wolf in sheeps clothing. I took xanax and nothing really happened id feel anxious take 0.5 feel normal maybe slightly chill. Then it slowly became a all day thing and i was taking 3-4.5 mg unable to miss a dose and acting more anxious then when i started

Everyone has anxiety man, and panic attacks. Doesn't mean we need to be dependant on a pill to function. Good to hear you tapered off, I'd just use them when you need them most and make sure to put days in between use to stay non dependant. Xanax makes me sleepy as fuck but xanax and weed sounds like a great combo. Try to smoke some sativa.

^everyone has panic attacks was the single best treatment for my panic attacks because once i didnt feel like i was alone now i get them and just let them happen and even when u thought it was so critical i didnt panic like at doctors when i told the nurse sorry im just having bad anxiety right now or my psych doctor they just smiled and said thats ok.

^everyone has panic attacks was the single best treatment for my panic attacks because once i didnt feel like i was alone now i get them and just let them happen and even when u thought it was so critical i didnt panic like at doctors when i told the nurse sorry im just having bad anxiety right now or my psych doctor they just smiled and said thats ok.
Couldn't agree more.