• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax and oxycodone question

SteezePls

Greenlighter
I had a quick question about mixing Xanax and oxycodone to try and get two doses out of both. One 30mg or oxy got me pretty high but I can take 4mg Xanax and not feel much at night just kind of chil and maybe slightly more tired. If I took 2mg Xanax and 15mg oxy instead would the high be close to the same as a single 30mg oxy alone. Thanks!

Thanks

Thanks but I was hoping for a little bit more info because some people are actually prescribed the combo daily. I just wanted to ask some with experience because I don't much like Xanax alone and would like to get two doses out of the oxy if possible.
If it helps this isn't my first time I have tolerances and experience with both drugs just not together.

If it helps, I always kept my benxos and opiates separate.

The official answer being harm reduction. Although my many experiments with them together never seemed to put me anywhere near the danger zone, the danger zone can happen, and is very real mixing those 2 meds.

But to actually answer your question, no... combining the 2 won't make your 15 oxy feel like a 30.

In my experience,it's actually the opposite... the benzo takes away from the opiate experience, which is the real reason I kept them separate. I would always use a benzo at night, about 5 hours after eating the opiates. Usually to help me sleep.

If it helps, I always kept my benxos and opiates separate.

The official answer being harm reduction. Although my many experiments with them together never seemed to put me anywhere near the danger zone, the danger zone can happen, and is very real mixing those 2 meds.

But to actually answer your question, no... combining the 2 won't make your 15 oxy feel like a 30.

In my experience,it's actually the opposite... the benzo takes away from the opiate experience, which is the real reason I kept them separate. I would always use a benzo at night, about 5 hours after eating the opiates. Usually to help me sleep.

I appreciate it there are so many different answers and I just wanted to make the most doses possible with the oxy bc I don't like Xanax too much alone.

My bad after I posted it I was like damn that's pretty vague lol but had to get ready for work. Anyway I wouldn't combine the two, even when it's prescribed together it's under doctors orders. Of course I know a good amount of people who mix but at the same time I've known a good amount of people dying from mixing. Just because it may not be a whole lot you're mixing and even though oh might have mixed benzos with something before doesn't really mean you're in the clear. Next time things could be different or you could have a different reaction. Anyway id rather be safe than sorry but at the same time it's your choice ?

Yeah absolutely, like I said I don't really like Xanax alone so I was hoping to get the most doses out of the oxycodone.
I know it can be dangerous but I have had quite a bit of experience and a decent tolerance with both before I just didn't want to waste either I could potentiate and use half of both.
Didn't try it but read a lot, some people love it but some people say the Xanax kills the oxycodone euphoria so who knows hah. Either way almost everyone has said take half of your "tolerance or feeling good" normal if you ever do this.
Always safe though guys, thanks for the response and any other experiences or advice is much appreciated!

Honestly if you don't really like Xanax, just don't take it. Why mess with a highly addictive drug if you don't like it?

If it really potentiated the opiates, I could see the reasoning behind wanting to take it. But because it's not a potentiator; and because the combo always has a possibility of being lethal, I would avoid it all together

It sounds like you want more out of your oxy. I think there is a mega thread called "ultmate opiate potentiate guide" or something along those lines. I would start there. Lose the Xanax if you don't like it. It's one of the faster acting benzos out there, and it doesn't take a lot to reach physical dependence. I've been there...

Yeah honestly I was just trying to get the most out of the oxy so if adding .5 or 1mg Xanax and taking 15mg of oxy would get me two doses instead of just a one time 30mg oxy alone, that was what I was hoping for. You can see by my responses and vocabulary I'm not an idiot so your answer sounds to me like I'm better off just taking the oxy dose alone? Not out of safety concerns but just because it just probably won't be as enjoyable or get me there as just the 30mg oxy alone.

That would be my advice yes. Take it alone; for now. And research other safer and more effective ways to potentiate your oxy.

Hey there, OP. I wouldn't recommend mixing for safety reasons, but I also wouldn't recommend because personally I just enjoy the feeling of oxy by itself, maybe with a joint =D If I just had to mix, I would take 0.5mg xanax (maybe even just 0.25mg) with my oxy dose.

Last edited: