• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax and Hydro

Sydney Carton

Bluelighter
Good evening fine intoxicant friends,
Can I take 20mg of hydro and 2 mg of xanax safely. Have high xanax tolerance and took a 10mg oxy with a 2mg xan and was fine. Already took 15 of hydro and so far so good but wanted to double check.
Thanks in advance for the help,
Peace happiness, health and safety to you all.

Well, since you already consumed it I guess whatever anyone wrote wouldn't matter much.

Me thinks you knew you were going to be fine anyway and just wanted to say hello.

Well, since you already consumed it I guess whatever anyone wrote wouldn't matter much
If I read it correctly OP has stated that he has taken
a 10mg oxy with a 2mg xan and was fine.
...im the past. And today he has taken
15 of hydro and so far so good
...without xanax (yet).

If I got it wrong OP please correct me.

Now my opinion: Opioids and benzodiazepines should not be mixed. At the same time they are often prescribed and taken together. You have to have established tolerance (going into withdrawal if no Xanax is taken) for even considering this combo from HR perspective. If you have high tolerance to benzodiazepines at this moment than you could take dose that suppress withdrawal. I am not advising you to do one thing or another, but taking benzos with opioids is much safer if tolerance to at least one group of drug is already present. Depressing your CNS with opioid and Xanax is dangerous game to play. But it is not all that simple. Lower doses (20mg of hydrocodone is not s high dose) and having a tolerance are 2 big factors.

Please take care and consider all mentioned above.