• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Xanax and CBD capsules?

drfeelgood1

Bluelighter
I’m try to taper off from Xanax and now taking 0.5mg daily.

Just got full spectrum CBD capsules 13.5mg per capsule.

Just took Xanax tonight but planning to take the CBD in the late morning hours.

Would I be in danger if I took the CBD the next morning since I assume the Xanax will still be in my system from taking it tonight?

My question is, if someone is still tapering off benzos, then usually what is the waiting gap or time in between which would be safe to take the CBD?

I’ve read that Xanax and CBD may lead to extra drowsiness, but would it be as dangerous as mixing it with alcohol or opiates?

It is not dangerous to combine the two (especially at those doses, but danger is unlikely at almost any dose).

You could take them simultaneously if you wanted to.

By the time I wake up, most of Xanax should flush out of my system. I’ll probably take the CBD closer to noon time. Or even in the afternoon time.

Thanks

It is not dangerous to combine the two (especially at those doses, but danger is unlikely at almost any dose).

You could take them simultaneously if you wanted to.

Seconded. There shouldn't be any issue. I'm not personally familiar with CBD's potential for sedation, but my understanding is that it's sedative effects are mild at most. I think it's a sedative weak enough that you can more or less decide if you want to sleep or not, as opposed to falling asleep mid-conversation with drool on your lip.