• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos [Xanax+Alcohol] Sleep paralysis and respiratory depression

chico science

Greenlighter
I've been taking prescribed Klonopin to manage panic disorder for the past few months. This week I ran out of pills and couldn't get in touch with my doctor to get another prescription so i bought a bottle of 2mg Xanax from someone. I took 0.5mg at lunch and found it way more effective than Klonopin. At roughly 9pm I met some friends at a bar and stayed there until about 11:30pm , I had 3 pints of beer while I was there, when I got home I took the remaining 1.5mg and just watched tv until it kicked in thinking I would just be in for a good night of sleep. After about a hour I felt extremely drowsy and went into sleep paralysis and couldn't breathe, i struggled and got out if it but i just kept falling back into it. I was in and out if for roughly 3 hours until i could get of bed and then I just stood up until I felt normal again.
I think this question is obvious but since I couldn't find anything on this exact situation I felt like asking, did the Xanax cause this? I felt like the drug was very effective on my anxiety and panic symptoms but now im scared to take it again and die in my sleep and also scared of going to sleep cuz im not sure what triggered this situation
Thanks in advance for any responses

It's cos you drank quite a bit of beer and took a really high dose.
Tbh I've never really suffered sleep paralysis until quite recently on f-phenibut and it was scary, but once I realised what it was and just went back to sleep it wasn't too bad.
Just avoid drinking too much with a lot of Xanax. Stick to one drink if you absolutely must mix them.