• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax After Bottle Wine - Freaking Out

SimplyTrinity

Bluelighter
hi guys

Suffer from panic disorder. Woke up at 6am feeling a panic attack building. Took a 0.5mg Xanax, then immediately remembered I drank probably 4 glasses of wine the night before.

I have a decent drink tolerance but not great (I had a good buzz from the alcohol but not drunk). I’m not new to Xanax but only really take 0.25-0.5mg once or so per week recently. 0.5mg usually gets me pretty drowsy especially on no sleep.

I started drinking at 6pm night before - probably got 3 glasses in by 9pm then 1 more by 10:30pm. Took the Xanax at 6:15am.

After I swallowed the Xanax and I had an all out panic attack that I just fucked up. Woke my wife up and freaked her the hell out. Tried forcing myself to puke right away but couldn’t.

It’s been almost an hour since the Xanax. How nervous do I need to be? Should I avoid falling asleep? For how long? What is the window I really need to watch for OD signs and when am I “out of the woods” and can relax a little? Does food and caffeine help?

Thanks!

You're absolutely fine. Trust me.

The amount of alcohol you consumed and the dose of alprazolam are not large enough to cause any problems. Especially with that amount of time and sleep in between.

My guess is that the alcohol disturbed your sleep and that set off your anxiety. It happens to me all the time. One of the many reasons I'm trying to quit.

Find something to distract your mind and recognize the signs that your panicking. Easier said than done but I think you'll start to feel better soon.

Thanks so much for this quick (and comforting reply). It was a good 5 minutes of sweaty and heart racing and the world kinda fading around me but my wife was able to calm me down to get me out of that. Now I’m just relaxed and fighting off heavy eyelids because I don’t want to fall asleep.

I think you’re spot on by the way. I haven’t had a good night of sleep in so many years after drinking alcohol. Definitely woke up anxiety started to spike. Alcohol has been my coping for work/life stress but it just seems to make it worse next morning. Maybe time for me to quit too.

Thanks so much for this quick (and comforting reply). It was a good 5 minutes of sweaty and heart racing and the world kinda fading around me but my wife was able to calm me down to get me out of that. Now I’m just relaxed and fighting off heavy eyelids because I don’t want to fall asleep.

I think you’re spot on by the way. I haven’t had a good night of sleep in so many years after drinking alcohol. Definitely woke up anxiety started to spike. Alcohol has been my coping for work/life stress but it just seems to make it worse next morning. Maybe time for me to quit too.

Alcohol is shit man. No big deal when you're in your teens/twenties and invincible but it catches up to you quick. I'm not sure if you've posted there before, but we have a Health and Recovery forum if you decide you want to give it a go. One of our former senior staff members recently made a 2022 Alcohol Support Thread.

Glad you're feeling a little better. If you ever have a bad day with your anxiety and need someone to talk to, you are more than welcome to message me.