• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax + adderall = cancel out?

Behappystayhappy

Bluelighter
I took 1.5mg of xanax and ab an hour later snorted 5mg of pure dextroamphetamine and orally took another 5mg at the same time.
Tbh dont feel much. Do they cancel eachother out?

What is your tolerance to each one like? I take 20mg Adderall IR once a day everyday and 3-4mg of klonopin along with it everyday, and it works out perfectly for me, no cancelling out of either one, if anything the benzos make the Adderall better IME, by taking away the negative effects that Adderall can sometimes have and I love the combination. But I have no experience with just dextroamphetamine only or Dexedrine myself, though Adderall is 75% dextroamphetamine, so I guess I could say I take 15mg of dextro a day with 3-4mg of klonopin and have no cancellation of either one. All depends on the person though, and of course your tolerance to each drug.

Don't get in the habit of taking uppers with downers.

Especially with harder ones bro.

Last time I popped a Xan with Vyvanse, I didn't notice much so I drank a glass of wine.

It just seemed to potentiate the Xanax.

Don't drink alcohol with xanz either!

Don't get in the habit of taking uppers with downers.

Especially with harder ones bro.

Last time I popped a Xan with Vyvanse, I didn't notice much so I drank a glass of wine.

It just seemed to potentiate the Xanax.

Don't drink alcohol with xanz either!

Please explain the "especially with harder ones".

I've only taken benzos (temazepam) 8-10 hours after doing meth but I always carry a small dose either alprazolam or temazepam with me just in case I have an anxiety attack while I'm at work.

They do not cancel each other out. Many people take benzos with stims as it tends to smooth the edges of the stimulant high. However it's not a good thing to get in the habit of. People have ended up with benzo dependencies from using in this way far too often. That said, benzos are the most efficient at countering stim induced vasoconstriction of anything Ive tried. Don't know why you didn't feel much,OP.

10mg of Adderall is a really small dose, doesn't surprise me a rather potent benzo like xanax cancelled it out.

^very true RPD89. If you take them for recreational purposes be careful. That stuff can definitely get out of hand in some cases. However, I have never felt better than I do now taking both my Adderall and klonopin together, as I have suffered from both ADHD and Social/General Anxiety my whole life. I am one of those people that actually needs to be on both stims and benzos, because of those disorders I have and have also tried many other non-narcotic meds to help with them before jumping straight on to amps and benzos. But if taken in a recreational sense unprescribed, it can lead to problems for sure, real quick. Thankfully I am able to be responsible with both of those meds I am prescribed, but even people who are prescribed that stuff, sometimes especially those people, can get way outta control with them and end up in a bad position.

To the OP I would like to know how much experience you have with Xanax and Dexedrine so I could possibly chime in and help. It could possibly be that those drugs just aren't something that agree with you. I know some people don't get a whole lot from Xanax but do from other benzos like valium or klonopin, and the same goes for amphetamines like Dexedrine, some people get more out of the other stimulants out there like Ritalin or focalin more than the amphetamines.

i gotta pretty moderate xan tolerance tbh thats why. Also the oral 5mg dose of dextro didnt fully kick in until after i posted this lmao. started to have a pretty good body high. Nights been a bit blurry tho but not too bad. I just took 10mg of meletonin and feel fucking great. Def reccomend xan + meletonin.

Please explain the "especially with harder ones".

I've only taken benzos (temazepam) 8-10 hours after doing meth but I always carry a small dose either alprazolam or temazepam with me just in case I have an anxiety attack while I'm at work.

Just don't take something like Heroin and Meth together.

In drugs like Adderall and Alprazolam, you may be okay, but it's easy to forget that you shouldn't take a HARD upper or downer at the same time.

Little habits can lead to big problems and lapse in judgement.

But, if you know what you're doing and excercise caution...

Proper doses with them both prescribed are cool.

the only time i ever experienced "a cancel" out so to speak(lol)
is wen i banged a gram of dope(Meth) and downed 60mg of oxy..(the OP..oh god what was i thinking lmfao)
next thing i know im throwing up all over the place with no high..just a flu like feeling for about 2-3 hours and then when it went away i felt tweaked outta my mind but it was like ehhh..glad thats over..now just play video games..and next thing i know...this massive wave of Speedballing type rush came over me and i layed down put on some hitchcock..

and it was the next day like 6 at night....
Crazy exp..i will never SB again after that... i thought i was dead when i was dreaming...

anyways yeah dont mix uppers and downers,even in the lightest form..because it leads to the heavy shit..that when you end up with perm heart issues..and thats no fucking fun..
-Peace T-Bone :D!

Last edited:
The dose of Amphetamine that you consumed would be barely perceptible to a certain segment of the population, myself included. It would probably feel like a cup of really strong coffee to me, but I would definitely know I was under the influence of a stimulant. Now, if you throw a Benzodiazepine into the mix, a drug which is known to numb the body's phsyical and mental sensations, it may be harder to pick up on just how high you actually are.

In short, Benzodiazepines make you less aware of what's going on in and around you. This, combined with your relatively low doses of Amphetamine are probably why you didn't get the buzz that you desired. For future reference though, Benzodiazepines and Amphetamines or Sedative and Stimulants in general do not "cancel each other out" as one might expect. They actually tend to compliment each other more than anything. The Benzodiazepine takes the edge off of the Amphetamine, making you less tense, while the Amphetamine will eliminate some of the sedation from the Benzodiazepines without necessarily effecting the Anxiolysis or relaxation.