• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xamax/klonopin withdrawl SEIZURE! Scariest day of my life. Help?

Iwantoffthisdevilride

Greenlighter
Ok so I'm a drug addict mostly opiates, well I'm off those now been on subutex 2 years. Well in the past year I would do xanax/klonopin mainly xanax inless kpins was all I could fine. Well I could do 15-20 mg of xanax at a time and quit with no problems. Intill 2 weeks ago I was sleeping and I was out of benzos and my last dose was 8-10 mg xanax about 36 hours before I was asleep. I had a sezuire in my sleep which is odd, also fell off my tall bed to the floor landed on cords a glass lamp shattered on the back of my head plus a wireless modem(modem was light). Went to the doctor he said it was my sugar which was 52 and the got glucose went home(btw this is my subutex doctor. Well I knew it wernt sugar bad as felt so a few days later I took only 3 mg of klonopin and felt fine. Went back to the doctor and he already knew like myself I suffered a withdrawl sezuire and psychosis for almost 4 days. I almost died. Sub docs hate prescribing benzos because of interactions but I've took 25 mg of xanax and 24 sub and had no problem. Anyway my nice subutex doctor gave 5 mg valium twice a day. My question is is 10 mg of valium the weak benzo going to be a successful dose to wean if I'm used to 10-15 xanax? What should I do should I ask him to up the valuim because I still cant focus and I have cold chills. Once this is over I'm done with benzos...that sezuire almost took my life was on the floor foaming of the mouth for at least 15 min then psychosis for 3-4 days( not all there) I lost 30 pounds in 3 months. What dose of valuim should I be on to wean. I've cold turkeys 180 mg opana(oxymorphone before, but xanax wd is so much worse I was minutes away from a casket. Help please

I have a cat scan today to see if my head is ok I've had migraines since. Benzo wd opened my eyes. What should I tell my doc. He wont give me anything but valuim or hydroxide if that's. benzo. What mg valium should I be on per day with let's say average 10-15 mg xanax habit on and off for 1-2

1-2 years*. Please suggestions that sezuire woke my ass up. Screw xanax. Opiate wd anyday then coming close to death. I thank yall if theres any input I'm terrified

Buddy, i am sure you told him you were using 12-15mg of Xanax . That is a really stupid high dose. There is no reason to take that high of Xanax ever. I forgot what you said about clonazepam dosage, but Jesus Christ, after this, never go that high again.

Your worst case seriously is you may have to be admitted to a hospital for a detox. You can die. That high of Xanax withdrawal will probably kill you.
10 mg Valium will not cover your super high withdrawal. Your doctor did what he could but he is limited by the fact he perscribes medicine to addicts.

I am not a doctor, but you are probably looking at 250 mg + diazepam to equal 25 mg Xanax. In reality probably could get away with 150 mg, but that has no scientific backing . Just a rough estimate of what may cover your Xanax withdrawal/taper.

Take yourself to a hospital and tell them everything. You can't hide. It's not worth dying over. This is the quickest easiest fix you can do.

Last edited:
Thanks for the fast reply. NO WAY I TOLD MY DOC I TOOK THAT MUCH. He didnt even ask how much. I didn't take that much everytime and only used on bad days twice a week roughly. Usually 15-25 mg was on a horrible day. My average dose is 6-8 mg you think the doctor could wean me off 6 maybe 8? Ever since I got clean off opiates I got into benzos which I used to hate. Is there anyway my doc could up my dosage you think if i told him 6 mg a day which is mostly accurate. Wouldn't klonopin be a better weaning med then valuim being klonopin is near the same strength of xanax and has a fairly long half life(not long as valuim of course) I cant afford the hospital and would they still administer my subutex?
Buddy, i am sure you told him you were using 12-15mg of Xanax . That is a really stupid high dose. There is no reason to take that high of Xanax ever. I forgot what you said about clonazepam dosage, but Jesus Christ, after this, never go that high again.

Your worst case seriously is you may have to be admitted to a hospital for a detox. You can die. That high of Xanax withdrawal will probably kill you.
10 mg Valium will not cover your super high withdrawal. Your doctor did what he could but he is limited by the fact he perscribes medicine to addicts.

I am not a doctor, but you are probably looking at 250 mg + diazepam to equal 25 mg Xanax. In reality probably could get away with 150 mg, but that has no scientific backing . Just a rough estimate of what may cover your Xanax withdrawal/taper.

Take yourself to a hospital and tell them everything. You can't hide. It's not worth dying over. This is the quickest easiest fix you can do.

Klonopin veried usually 4-6 mg at once and 1 day. I'm a xanax guy. But since that sezuire I WANT OUT. at least opana didnt almost kill me. I just hope doc understands 10 mg wont cover high does of short half life medicine. I was thinking maybe 40 mg and work my way down. I just started valuim Monday, I thought ativan sucked, valium is like tramadol of the benzos. Anyway without the hospital that I cant afford what's a good dose for doc to give me 8 mg xanax 4-6 klonopin not everyday 2 weeks a month all depends, but never everyday. 60 mg valium would cover it? Then work down to 1 mg and jump. This xanax has been going on for 1-2 years just got dependent about 2 weeks ago from that hellish sezuire. Ct scan today wish me luck.

What's wrong with klonopin for a wean, valium is just so weak he will have to give me 300 a month to just feel normal. Hospital is a no go no money and my credit is finally where it should be. Maybe I can call the doc and he can up my dose to at least 40 mg. I took 20 mg felt better than 10 mg. I'm just so scared of another sezuire again and being in basically a coma for 3 days(phycosis). Valuim also dont make me sleep like xanax or klonopin. I HATE BENZOS NOW

I'd possibly ask for an increase of the diazepam to start the taper based on the doses you described consuming.

Ca
What's wrong with klonopin for a wean, valium is just so weak he will have to give me 300 a month to just feel normal. Hospital is a no go no money and my credit is finally where it should be. Maybe I can call the doc and he can up my dose to at least 40 mg. I took 20 mg felt better than 10 mg. I'm just so scared of another sezuire again and being in basically a coma for 3 days(phycosis). Valuim also dont make me sleep like xanax or klonopin. I HATE BENZOS NOW
You said hospital is a no go. But is it not worth your health?? There are credit cards, like Care Credit, 0% interest for like 12 months. You should really be careful!

I was on klonopin 3x day for seven years. Moved and was yanked off. Completely psychotic. Thought behind every door was the lake of fire.

By day 15 had two grand mal seizures back to back. Go to the ER by ambulance and was put on .5 twice a day. Until I got out and as forced again to cold turkey.

After three months of sheer hell I fired the docs and got back on it and weaned. I weaned shy of almost a year and it was so much easier.

Never do doses that high again, that is ridiculously high.

Hey just remember you’re going to be ok.

You should tell him how much you took. In my opinion. So that he can adjust your taper appropriately. You need to be honest with him especially since you are convinced to kick the habit. That’s the hardest part, just making that decision. You’re headed the right way

[/QUOT

I can send you
Thanks for the fast reply. NO WAY I TOLD MY DOC I TOOK THAT MUCH. He didnt even ask how much. I didn't take that much everytime and only used on bad days twice a week roughly. Usually 15-25 mg was on a horrible day. My average dose is 6-8 mg you think the doctor could wean me off 6 maybe 8? Ever since I got clean off opiates I got into benzos which I used to hate. Is there anyway my doc could up my dosage you think if i told him 6 mg a day which is mostly accurate. Wouldn't klonopin be a better weaning med then valuim being klonopin is near the same strength of xanax and has a fairly long half life(not long as valuim of course) I cant afford the hospital and would they still administer my subutex?

Maybe talk to your doctor about the WD symptoms? They could put you on gabapentin or something like that, till you're done WDing. Gabapentin can with WDs and seizures. As a person with epilepsy, I know how frightening it can be. I work for Fire/Rescue and have been to SEVERAL deaths caused by seizures. It is scary. Mainly because they vomited and aspirated (which is a real threat). Talk to your doctor!

Man up with yourself first. Really try not to pussy out to a doctor. figure out what you really need and start there, Fuck it. You obiviously have an issue with benzos or any fucking drug that is in front of you, Anyway, really get your shit straight before you talk to your doctor. Dont be a bitch and be honest.