• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Wtf .. NEVER in any of my experience doing this have I had this happen or seen it happen.. EVER

Babigirl

Greenlighter
Ok so I used to shoot H.. been off that for 4 years almost.
2 yrs ago I was interduced to shooting meth. Been doing it ever since. Multiple times a day in the past but still about once a day now. Unless I can't hit but that's not with out plenty of trying before giving up.

Any ways. I hit a new spot. That I've been kinda scared to hit before. (On my wrist in those big ones that go up your arm..

About 5-10 if that mins later I notice the whole length of the vein up my arm to my elbow. Is slightly swollen, red on eaither side of the vein and it seems like it kinda changed colors possibly.. any one ever experience this and anyone know why TF it happened.

I would definitely go to the hospital. That is definitely not a normal reaction. I have no idea what is actually happening to you, so the only responsible thing to do is direct you to a doctor.

I am not familiar with this type of reaction. It could be an irritation or it could be something worse.

Ok so I used to shoot H.. been off that for 4 years almost.
2 yrs ago I was interduced to shooting meth. Been doing it ever since. Multiple times a day in the past but still about once a day now. Unless I can't hit but that's not with out plenty of trying before giving up.

Any ways. I hit a new spot. That I've been kinda scared to hit before. (On my wrist in those big ones that go up your arm..

About 5-10 if that mins later I notice the whole length of the vein up my arm to my elbow. Is slightly swollen, red on eaither side of the vein and it seems like it kinda changed colors possibly.. any one ever experience this and anyone know why TF it happened.
I'm not going to say that you've blown the vein, but maybe its possible that you over did it a bit?

What size gauge do you use? Are your shots thick like syrup? Did you plunge very quickly? All of these things can cause your veins to plump because they're causing the vein to hold more volume than it was designed to.

I would apply heat and pressure, don't stress. If it gets a lot worse, go see your doctor.

Any more discoloration
Numbness
Pain
Heat
Ice cold

Signs of an emergency

I'm not going to say that you've blown the vein, but maybe its possible that you over did it a bit?

What size gauge do you use? Are your shots thick like syrup? Did you plunge very quickly? All of these things can cause your veins to plump because they're causing the vein to hold more volume than it was designed to.

I would apply heat and pressure, don't stress. If it gets a lot worse, go see your doctor.

Any more discoloration
Numbness
Pain
Heat
Ice cold

Signs of an emergency

Normally I get 28 gauge 1/2 in 100 units. I normally use about 4cc water and the amount ranges. Sometimes it's thick but most times ill add more water if it is cause I'm trying to stay at smaller amount. I don't want to get bad again. ( Was at one point easily at 1/2 g 3-4 times a day).. I push slow and with the lower part of my arm closer to my hands I go extremely slow. Those small ones swell up every time even when I'm not missing. I cringle when I see someone push fast as fuck.. ouch..

I know that with the hand and smaller veins I should have a smaller length needle. I normally go for harder to find ones with the shorter points.

The redness went away over time (about a hour) I'm guessing from never hitting there. U know how u get that small red itchy bump on new spots for a few mins after u got it for the first time. I never had that happen and go that far away from the injection site so I was worried.

Normally I get 28 gauge 1/2 in 100 units. I normally use about 4cc water and the amount ranges. Sometimes it's thick but most times ill add more water if it is cause I'm trying to stay at smaller amount. I don't want to get bad again. ( Was at one point easily at 1/2 g 3-4 times a day)

I know that with the hand and smaller veins I should have a smaller length needle. I normally go for harder to find ones with the shorter points.

The redness went away over time (about a hour) I'm guessing from never hitting there. U know how u get that small red itchy bump on new spots for a few mins after u got it for the first time. I never had that happen and go that far away from the injection site so I was worried.
28 gauge can be a bit big for hand and wrist veins. We can't be for sure what happened, it may have just been a little too much force, could have been cut or PH, I'm glad you're ok

the whole of your vein swollen alone is a big danger sign I'm no doctor but you should get that checked out before you lose your arm/life

@Babigirl

Is there a particular reason you choose to use a 28? Because if you can get away with a smaller gauge, I would highly recommend it in the spirit of harm reduction ❤

@Babigirl

Is there a particular reason you choose to use a 28? Because if you can get away with a smaller gauge, I would highly recommend it in the spirit of harm reduction ❤

In my area there are only 3 places that you can get them with out a script or with out proof of a reason to have them. We don't have a needle exchange or anything like that. The main place to get them easiest from only lets you choose length (if what I ask for is in stock ) and when u request them they ask if it's for drugs and I have to say yes or they don't give them to u.. (guess it's their way in attempting to make us change our ways or what ever idk) .. I ask for 28 cause in my experience and smaller gauge clogs from shot being to think (past reason) or cause my blood is to think. I've had it clot within a second of drawing back. In the split second it took to adjust grip from pulling back to pushing in
I think this pack is 29 gauge actually ... But we never really get a say on gauge they just give us what they got.. take it or leave it type deal.. the other places u have to pretend to have a reason .. I've only tried one other place and I had to name a type of insulin and pretend to be diabetic to get them

Shooting with super high tolerance is both unpleasant and an annoying and frustrating waste of money when you get towards 1g shots. Take @wudbutcher ’s advice.

I figured.
Believe me, i've got no desire to go there. **The thought of invasive instruments of drug administration puncturing blood tubes is something I can't stomach. 🤮💉

Last edited: