WTF is up with this 'Testlight' shit?

Welcome to Chaos Manor, Muha-ha-ha :cool:

I'm sure things will return to normal ... Just a glitch in the Matrix.

Remember, the steak is juicy and delicious ⚡

Last edited:
Hah, I just came here to start a thread on this, you beat me.

Paging love bandit, paging love bandit to the technical help.

So uhh, personally I'm gonna avoid making any significant posts till that banners gone out of fear everything will get reverted or something. :p

Test light is a formerly secret area for staff to, well, test shit. Kinda like a way to train with shit without fucking anything up?

It WAS secret but someone found it via Google, and so it became public. That was a couple months ago and uhh, now it's considerably more public than that. :p

That's my understanding anyway. :p

Test light banners gone, maaaaybe someone reverted the main site from a testlight backup and forgot to reset the banner?

@TheLoveBandit am I rite?

Yeah, the reply pad is different too. I like the new post preview button on the top right hand of the toolbar. You guys got rid of the preview post function a year or so ago, and I’m glad I can once see again if pictures and links work before I post my replies.

Also apparently now fixed.
I wanna say preview died when we moved to xenforo.

I'll take the credit for this awesome clusterfunk :D

Testlight is a copy of the site for admin to try things out. It should not be public (probably is now, but whateveh, so long as the live site is reachable). I was attempting to copy our live site over to test some things out. Obviously, something went wrong but it's now fixed.
The logo just took awhile for the cache to update on the server.
If I don't bork it up again, I'll be doing some update testing on the testlight, then ya'll will see our usual warnings about the site going down for maintenance when I'm ready. Those public notices are the same that staff get, as we value the members AS MUCH AS the staff :|

Preview has been there for a long time. Not sure why you haven't seen it.
The white reply box is weird. I'll have to look into that as well. Maybe another cache issue.

= = = = =

General rule, if the site goes haywire like that with no warning, I'm probably at fault (true 99% of the time).
To reach me, some of you have discord rooms I'm in, tag me because obviously tagging on site will be a crapshoot. Emails work, but are slow - discord tag is fastest, but not guaranteed immediate response.

I'll take the credit for this awesome clusterfunk :D

Testlight is a copy of the site for admin to try things out. It should not be public (probably is now, but whateveh, so long as the live site is reachable). I was attempting to copy our live site over to test some things out. Obviously, something went wrong but it's now fixed.
The logo just took awhile for the cache to update on the server.
If I don't bork it up again, I'll be doing some update testing on the testlight, then ya'll will see our usual warnings about the site going down for maintenance when I'm ready. Those public notices are the same that staff get, as we value the members AS MUCH AS the staff :|

Preview has been there for a long time. Not sure why you haven't seen it.
The white reply box is weird. I'll have to look into that as well. Maybe another cache issue.

= = = = =

General rule, if the site goes haywire like that with no warning, I'm probably at fault (true 99% of the time).
To reach me, some of you have discord rooms I'm in, tag me because obviously tagging on site will be a crapshoot. Emails work, but are slow - discord tag is fastest, but not guaranteed immediate response.
i'm going to DDoS the site for 2 weeks unless you guys pay up.

Also, can I get permission to look for vulnerabilities without you calling the cawps? please not this conversation is recorded for quality insurance