• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Business Would you turn in someone to DFS, or CPS?

Fiori di Bella

Bluelight Crew
There’s a girl that I call a friend.

However, her special needs child begged me to let her live with me. She’s a young teenager, and told me a myriad of terrible events that she’s witnessed and experiencing.

She’s seen her mom physically abused by the mom’s totes loser meth head boyfriend. She’s continuously getting yelled at and doesn’t know why. She further reports things, such as being locked in a closet and being forced to wear Pull Ups, a sort of overnight diaper, despite her age.

This girl is so sweet. I asked her if I could help change things. Her dad would love to have her 100% of the time. She was amenable to living with her dad full time.

I called our local child protective services and told them what the daughter claimed.

Since then, her mom’s (a computer programmer and coder) has tried to buy things on Amazon, using my credit card. She’s also tried to hack into my PayPal, my bank and Facebook. She’s succeeded hacking into my gmail and I’ve changed probably 11-12 passwords in total.

I didn’t call CPS without first asking other “mandated reporters” what they thought. All 5 people told me that I must make a call to CPS, and no matter what happens, I’m doing the only right thing. Her issues are not drugs, rather hanging with loser guys.

There’s a girl that I call a friend.

However, her special needs child begged me to let her live with me. She’s a young teenager, and told me a myriad of terrible events that she’s witnessed and experiencing.

She’s seen her mom physically abused by the mom’s totes loser meth head boyfriend. She’s continuously getting yelled at and doesn’t know why. She further reports things, such as being locked in a closet and being forced to wear Pull Ups, a sort of overnight diaper, despite her age.

This girl is so sweet. I asked her if I could help change things. Her dad would love to have her 100% of the time. She was amenable to living with her dad full time.

I called our local child protective services and told them what the daughter claimed.

Since then, her mom’s (a computer programmer and coder) has tried to buy things on Amazon, using my credit card. She’s also tried to hack into my PayPal, my bank and Facebook. She’s succeeded hacking into my gmail and I’ve changed probably 11-12 passwords in total.

I didn’t call CPS without first asking other “mandated reporters” what they thought. All 5 people told me that I must make a call to CPS, and no matter what happens, I’m doing the only right thing. Her issues are not drugs, rather hanging with loser guys.
You did the right thing. Children and animals have no voice. I always stand up for both. Sorry to say your " friend " is being a real douchebag to you.

So CPS disclosed it was you that had called? That's why she is fucking with you? Not sure I agree with that at all if that's how they operate as it will prevent people from helping kids if retaliation is a factor.

No, CPS didn’t tell her that I called.

What I shared left no question in her mind regarding who the reporting party was. She told me that she didn’t have any other female friends. She didn’t allow anyone to watch her child, except for me. I’ve known her for 10+ years.

I haven’t ever reported anyone to such an agency. And you’re right, they’re not allowed to disclose the reporting party’s identity. But what the daughter told me was so incredibly awful and no one deserves to be treated that way. That’s why I contacted CPS.

You did the right thing. It is extreme cases where one needs to call CPS, and this is exacty one of those cases.

To be honest her behavior towards you screams drug addict to me. I wouldn't be so sure she isn't partaking with her boyfriend. But either way that isn't the point, the point is her daughter is being abused. Even if your "friend" (I use quotes because do friends steal from you and hack your accounts?) is also a victim, clearly she is unfit to be raising her child. It would be a harder decision if she was all her daughter had, but since her father wants to take custody, and it sounds like he would do a much better job of it, the choice is clear.