• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Would you say 5 grams 3x daily kratom is a bad practice?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
As compared to about 15-20 mg a day of oxycodone, i understand that’s just switching a drug for another. But kratom is a shit load less expensive until I can figure out what do to do from there.

I think you've done really well if you've managed to switch from Oxy to kratom. As you've mentioned though it is just substituting one for the other.

This is a tricky question as it's really what you personally consider 'bad practice' as you're the one that has to live it.

I bought some kratom caps to try and quieten my heroin cravings and found myself back on H shortly after.

It should be easier for you to control your kratom use. So maybe if you think 5g 3x daily is too much you'll be able to reduce it.

Great job switching man. I can’t get any oxy myself and bought kratom again and was wondering about dosage. Luckily I haven’t gone full blown physical addiction with the oxys but that’s due to availability I’m sure. Anyways I haven’t weighed any out yet but plan on it later. I was more so curious about how many times is ok to dose without becoming too dependent. I don’t use it everyday and try to stick to once a day but I’d like another dose to get through the evening with my kids. Please don’t judge me. Lol oxys help with my pain and give me energy plus more patience with my kids. I just take enough to take the edge off and I know the risks. I’ve been doing this for about the last year. I e got a super limited supply from a friend once a month. Anyways sry for the ramble lol mainly just wanted to tell you great job and stay strong. I know it’s just switching but if you can taper off the kratom I think you’ll be in great shape when that time comes. For daily use I’d try to stretch doses as much as possible.

I say no. 5 MG is not a terrible dose. I also take 5 MG or more 3 times a day. There isn't as much research on kratom as one would like, but most signs point to this: Its much better than a pain pill

5g TID is a reasonable dose.

Kratom is more beneficial at a reasonable dose. Once you get into higher doses you begin you notice side effects and develop addiction.

kratom is better than pills but the fact remains if you cannot control pills, you probably will lose control of kratom and the kratom will only get you so far because of side effects at high doses. if i were you, given your doses, i would jump off the train and save yourself a lot of bullshit and money.

kratom is better than pills but the fact remains if you cannot control pills, you probably will lose control of kratom and the kratom will only get you so far because of side effects at high doses. if i were you, given your doses, i would jump off the train and save yourself a lot of bullshit and money.
Yeah that’s what my goal is to do. It just seemed like an easier step to me cause short of some green elephant kratom, there really hasn’t been any kratom that feels just like a oxycodone. Granted the only buzz I really like out of an oxycodone is the small dose the get up extra energy less pain moodlift. But continuing to do that is not financially wise for me. So my whole total goal is to back it down by a gram each week since I have a shit load of kratom to finish and more arriving tomorrow. But I do thank you for your time and not beating around the bush with me. I should of kept to smoking weed.

Great job switching man. I can’t get any oxy myself and bought kratom again and was wondering about dosage. Luckily I haven’t gone full blown physical addiction with the oxys but that’s due to availability I’m sure. Anyways I haven’t weighed any out yet but plan on it later. I was more so curious about how many times is ok to dose without becoming too dependent. I don’t use it everyday and try to stick to once a day but I’d like another dose to get through the evening with my kids. Please don’t judge me. Lol oxys help with my pain and give me energy plus more patience with my kids. I just take enough to take the edge off and I know the risks. I’ve been doing this for about the last year. I e got a super limited supply from a friend once a month. Anyways sry for the ramble lol mainly just wanted to tell you great job and stay strong. I know it’s just switching but if you can taper off the kratom I think you’ll be in great shape when that time comes. For daily use I’d try to stretch doses as much as possible.
Yeah see that’s my problem. I’d go into detail, but I’d rather not. But oxycodone is extremely accessible to me just not affordable. And every time I took it and pushed another dose even a fraction of a pill I’d be scared I was going to die from that. Kratom not so much. I don’t drink I don’t take any other substances other then supplements. So I don’t worry about dying from kratom. The only thing I worry about is making sure I source it from the right places. I just got tired of being a slave to something, which I normally do I flirt with substances a lot. I’ve quit all the tobacco products at least once. I just have to find it in my head that I’m done. I’m hoping I can because I love making music and since I been taking Oxys I care more about taking them and playing video games or watching YouTube and zoning out. But my marijuana usage has really increased

Dam. I must be sensitive to kratom.

15g throughout a day had me floored even after being addicted for around 3 months.

That would be my dose on days when basically everything’s going wrong, and I just want out.

Tolerance became the biggest issue for me with Kratom. This could be due to past PST/codiene addiction that lasted over 2 years.
Or that I’m addicted to diazepam, and take it daily, prescribed.

I can endure a little benzo withdrawal, but kratom and opiates really enhance my depression whilst wearing off. Which then triggers worse outcomes (ie eating too much diazepam).

So after a few years I’ve found the short high I get, is so not worth the pain endured afterwards. I’m just lucky I got out and can only use on occasions due to it being so long since I was full blown hooked. Occasions for me nearly equal a blue moon..

As for LSD, DMT and unfortunately diazepam. Well yeah. I’d be happy to be stable with those three from now on (I am getting to my mid 30s, and have kids, so finding time for these things can be very tricky).

Last edited:

15g throughout a day had me floored even after being addicted for around 3 months.

That would be my dose on days when basically everything’s going wrong, and I just want out.

Tolerance became the biggest issue for me with Kratom. This could be due to past PST/codiene addiction that lasted over 2 years.

I can endure a little benzo withdrawal, but kratom and opiates really enhance my depression whilst wearing off. Which then triggers worse outcomes (ie eating too much diazepam).

So after a few years I’ve found the short high I get, is so not worth the pain endured afterwards. I’m just lucky I got out and can only use on occasions due to it being so long since I was full blown hooked. Occasions for me nearly equal a blue moon..

As for LSD, DMT and unfortunately diazepam. Well yeah. I’d be happy to be stable with those three from now on (I am getting to my mid 30s, and have kids, so finding time for these things can be very tricky).
I wouldn’t feel bad about sensitivity. A lot of people will try to patronize that, especially on here. I’m the same way with oxycodone. I feel like ima die on a 7.5mg dose sometimes. But I made the switch more so cause of financial difference. I could afford a decent oxy addiction. But why would I? Especially when every 3 days or so your tolerance goes up. Ima have to stop the kratom sometime regardless. But for right now, I think it will be fine to transition. Especially with all the stress in the world right now

I’m actually currently enjoying a marijuana journey, it use to make me really paranoid. But now it only does if I haven’t smoked in 6 or so hours

^ whoops. Forgot about my staple. Since 14-15. Now 34
It’s hit or miss with me, I use to love it back as a teen and slowly but surely paranoia started sinking in. Now sadly the only way to combat this is going headfirst into it and building a tolerance. But I must admit, compared to oxycodone and constant worry that my dose may kill me and a general malaise feeling every time I took it... I’d much rather deal with paranoia that last 30 mins

Only done a 6 month stint as a break, all it did was make me smoke tabacco in stupid amounts.
Couldn’t sleep much so was having 1-2 cigs waking throughout the night.
Memory was a little better in that time, and I dreamt clearly for the first time since being a kid.
But the pain relief, and how it keeps me inhaling less plant matter all up made the desion for me. Plus extra bit of sleep.
Paranoia might be an issue if I wasn’t on diaz.

No sir, that is definitely cool. I just recently got out of a 2 or so year dalliance with H, and the kratom pretty much saves the day. When I was sick there was pretty much no amount I could take to feel better so I just took a fuck lot of kratom.

You're kinda where I'm at, I'm trying to drop it down to three times a day 4gs currently.

I've definitely taken the shit for years now so it really doesn't "do" a whole lot for me it's just like taking medicine. So tolerance is definitely a factor, and the constipation can get bad if you don't pay attention to it.

But after years of taking it that's really all I've dealt with. And I did use to take 8 or 10 gs at a time for a while before I knew better. I'm in a couple kratom type groups and I've been seeing people saying more and more that you only really need to take a couple grams at a time. So I'm gonna be trying to work down a little bit personally, but that's definitely not an unreasonable amount you're taking.

But if you can keep it at that level and not go up, you will benefit 👍 and be rotatin them strains and vendors