• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Would You Agree That We All Have Our Vices?

CookieJoe221

Bluelighter
Hi all, I'm just sitting here and heard this term and was wondering if it was true. Does every human have their vices? For me I like to drink on the weekends, snort 30-60 mg of adderall (only on weekends). I eat pretty well during the week, workout 4-5 days a week,, sleep well, drink a lot of water, take vitamins and supplements, etc. But I really enjoy drinking on the weekends and adderall. I'm successful at my job, for the most part a happy person. But I do suffer from anxiety and it makes me think that I'm like abnormal, like im the only person who does stuff like this. I set myself to limits on everything I do and don't let myself go over those limits 95% of the time, yet I'm always caught mentally thinking about am I killing myself? Or are we all killing ourselves one way or another? Whether its eating like shit, not exercising, being stressed all the time, etc. Just curious for another opinion.

that's a good question, because at first i was like of course it's human nature but then i'm wait, do they though? like i look at one of my friends and i'm thinkin, what on earth would their vice be. it seems like everything makes them happy. i've had mental health issues for awhile now so i just add drug use to the list i guess, even though it's clearly a vice. i think they must. even if it's as miniscule as french fries. good question. it seems impossible to me that there are people out there that don't have vices. but i just feel weird saying everyone definitely has a vice. and what's the definition of a vice? is it pills i take or is my flannel sheet collection that will never not make me happy (yes really). i wish the flannel sheets were enough for me.

Hi all, I'm just sitting here and heard this term and was wondering if it was true. Does every human have their vices? For me I like to drink on the weekends, snort 30-60 mg of adderall (only on weekends). I eat pretty well during the week, workout 4-5 days a week,, sleep well, drink a lot of water, take vitamins and supplements, etc. But I really enjoy drinking on the weekends and adderall. I'm successful at my job, for the most part a happy person. But I do suffer from anxiety and it makes me think that I'm like abnormal, like im the only person who does stuff like this. I set myself to limits on everything I do and don't let myself go over those limits 95% of the time, yet I'm always caught mentally thinking about am I killing myself? Or are we all killing ourselves one way or another? Whether its eating like shit, not exercising, being stressed all the time, etc. Just curious for another opinion.
We sound very similar. Also have anxiety which only snowballs when I think about my own vices and whether other people I know are much more straight-edge without those same demons. I give myself a very hard time for having said vices and not “defeating” them.

My vices are rooted in wanting to heighten my experiences and feel something... but I don’t go too hard. A percoset a couple of times a week. Drinking 3-5 drinks in a night to see how long I can feel buzzed for. Never mix the two. Very successful in my job and like to think I’m a great father and husband, so I don’t let the vices impact those things really.

I think everyone has vices but I think certain people’s personalities predispose them to allowing their vices to take control. Two people could have a gambling vice, but one could just drop too much money every time he goes to Vegas and one could be playing online blackjack with bitcoins every night after his wife goes to sleep. Same vice but different outcomes.

You're a fuckin saint compared to most of us on here mate.

Don't stress about it, you're doing ok... (y)