• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Edibles Would this sublingual THC product be effective at all?

Echotango

Bluelighter
The description of it is as follows:

“sublingual spray blends high-grade cannabis distillate, pure grained carrier alcohol, natural colour, and peppermint essential oils. Each bottle of sublingual spray contains 210mg of THC, guaranteeing a consistent dosage of 3mg of THC every time.

This fast-acting and discreet spay is a perfect option to micro-dose your THC usage. Alternatively, this spray can be used on your food or beverage. Please shake well before using.

Please note: This product contains grain alcohol“

Well according to the instructions it offers you 3mg per sublingual spray, so 3 sprays = 9mg , 4= 12mg and so on

When using a sublingual spray/ tincture its a good idea to try and keep it in your mouth for a good few minutes to allow the mucous membranes a chance to absorb the product.

Side note / info : There is a medication called 'buccal midazolam' which is a mouth administered product for epilepsy which is proven to help stop seizures fast, so as you can see this can be an effect way or ROA (route of administration)

Well according to the instructions it offers you 3mg per sublingual spray, so 3 sprays = 9mg , 4= 12mg and so on

When using a sublingual spray/ tincture its a good idea to try and keep it in your mouth for a good few minutes to allow the mucous membranes a chance to absorb the product.

Side note / info : There is a medication called 'buccal midazolam' which is a mouth administered product for epilepsy which is proven to help stop seizures fast, so as you can see this can be an effect way or ROA (route of administration)
Ya I know I just thought THC had little to no absorption via that ROA.

Ya I know I just thought THC had little to no absorption via that ROA.
it is meant to be less in terms of Bioavailability (absorption into the body) vaping would be top, smoking next i looked around and apparently it has only 10% bioavailability however im not sure I had the same experience i was ordering CBD oil years back from Netherlands and that shit would make me sleep

it is meant to be less in terms of Bioavailability (absorption into the body) vaping would be top, smoking next i looked around and apparently it has only 10% bioavailability however im not sure I had the same experience i was ordering CBD oil years back from Netherlands and that shit would make me sleep

What was your experience like do you think more or less absorbs cuz it seems nobody truly knows especially for this sublingual ROA. For oral absorption based on everything I’ve read it varies from like <1% - 75% with average being 30% roughly. I know fat ingestion alongside plays a crucial role in oral absorption so I’m wondering if sublingual absorption would require it to be mixed or added with something to allow for absorption to be high enough to be practical.

Btw where did you get that 10% absorption info from?

People now make THC water soluble products with carrier molecules, and these can supposedly hit faster than ordinary oral consumption. Sounded like witchcraft to me when some guy on here explained it. Maybe that's what you'd like? The alcohol and peppermint oil in this product are not working as hydrophilic carriers afaik.

What was your experience like do you think more or less absorbs cuz it seems nobody truly knows especially for this sublingual ROA. For oral absorption based on everything I’ve read it varies from like <1% - 75% with average being 30% roughly. I know fat ingestion alongside plays a crucial role in oral absorption so I’m wondering if sublingual absorption would require it to be mixed or added with something to allow for absorption to be high enough to be practical.

Btw where did you get that 10% absorption info from?
cant find it now but i looked around for a bit and some are saying 10% some are saying 20% but what i have noticed is no claims even through tests is higher than 20%

This study on rabbits appears to show that a powder seemed to be more easily absorbed than an ethanol based tincture

People now make THC water soluble products with carrier molecules, and these can supposedly hit faster than ordinary oral consumption. Sounded like witchcraft to me when some guy on here explained it. Maybe that's what you'd like? The alcohol and peppermint oil in this product are not working as hydrophilic carriers afaik.

I was thinking about this and i was wondering what ingredients are considered to be “hydrophilic carriers” that can help absorption be more effective.

I am a big pusher of the water soluble THC products and it could be very have been me explaining how they work. it’s either nanoencapsulation through very high speed homogenization (blending) or with the use of a new generation emulsifier (Tocophersolan, although there are others). Either method works by trapping a non water soluble molecule (THC) inside of a bubble of water soluble molecules. They work very well and hit in as little as 5 minutes. They are so effective that it’s easy to overdo it. Last about 3 hours and you can easily redose.

The oral THC sprays. Well they sorta work for me. Not as effective as the water soluble THC and I won’t buy them again. For me it was a waste in comparison to the water soluble THC.

New on the market (in Canada) and available in the USA for a few years are sustained and instant release tablets. Here is a link to a Canadian company that currently sells to medical patients and is supposed to or already sells adult recreational https://canntab.ca/products/ Currently 2.5, 5.0 and 10. mg THC instant release tablets, a variety of sustained release CBD products and more. They’ve spin off an LLC, Black Rose Organics which handles the adult recreational side of things.

1906 Cannabis in USA not familiar with their technology.

Dablets - not familiar

There are a lot of US companies selling these types of products. A lot of the technology was vetted by Israeli research.

I use the water soluble THC drops in coffee, juice, soda pop, zero alcohol beer and more.
I was thinking about this and i was wondering what ingredients are considered to be “hydrophilic carriers” that can help absorption be more effective.

Basically new generation/technology hyperemuslifiers. there are also a class of compounds known as disintegrants (Crospovidone) which make tablets dissolve almost instantly. There are a literal shit ton of new technologies out there.

If interested, check out Instacann caps (by Canntab) on the OCS store (ocs.ca Ontario government Cannabis store), and no you can't order anything unless you live in Ontario :)

Tom

For tech gadgets freaks (me), here is the Djot dispenser, a small electronic device that you use to dose liquids

8SNHPTGl.jpg

It uses cartridges of which there are several; here is a 300 mg THC pod

Pf0e6gLl.png

And here’s a pic of someone inserting a pod into a dispenser

DDvtYR7m.png

This is Star Trek level shit. No smell and you can keep it in a purse, jacket pocket, etc. Very discrete, easy to use. No idea where to purchase. no idea if currently sold in
US.

Tom

Last edited:
I definitely like my gadgets and something that ensures a consistent liquid dose every time is super awesome but couldn't a tincture be made at like 1-2 mg per drop?

That's what I do when I make my tinctures, and I just count out the drops. That device would take up more space in a pocket, purse, or backpack than a simple dropper bottle. If they can fit something like that in a smaller package I'd be all over it

a simple dropper bottle
How do you cope with the fragility of the dropper bottle during travel? The rubber part bends easily if shoved into a tight space and eventually cracks/leaks and the bottle itself is glass.

The Djot dispenser seems to solve these issues, no?

I've never seen the rubber or glass break but I'm also not just tossing them in my trunk all willy nilly

Yo I'm on medical and got thc oil that they recommended I hold in my mouth to get sublingual absorption. I dunno how I rate it. Mine was 25mg per ml and I dropped 4ml in my mouth until it just turned to spit and couldn't really not swallow. It kept my cravings at bay but that's about it. Used 30ml over 2 to 3 days when I didn't have weed to smoke and wouldn't say I was high. I started off with 2ml first dose and didn't feel anything noticeable.