• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Would this actually be better to do? Heroin / Bupe topic

CruelBri

Bluelighter
So, say i have been on subutex for 2 years taking 4 mg daily... and i hear about how bad sub detox is... so what if i ordered like 5 grams of heroin, totally ditched the subs, did the dope. then when i was done with the dope, take like 1 mg of sub and taper from that... wouldnt that allow the half life from the 2 years of use to be gone, which then would allow for an easy transition from the dope to the sub to being completely off of it?

if you dont understand what im trying to say please ask... basically since heroin is easier to detox off of then subs, i switch to dope until the sub halflife is very low, then switch back to subs at a Extremely low dose tapering for about a week.

I have thought about that myself, I only worry, with my addictive and impulsive personality I would just relapse on the dope, and never get off that or the subs! it would probably help to do something like this, or you could do dope, then slowly transition to weaker opioids than heroin like oxy or hydro, for a bit, and just skip the subs, then slowly wean yourself off of it all, maybe use a little loperamide to get through the worst of the dope/opiate withdrawls after.. BUT you would have to REALLY want it, and be strong enough to stop! I think it would be hard either way, actually I know it would, I have been jumping from bupe to dope, and back to bupe, going up and down, and up and down on my sub dose, whenever I start feeling like I want to go grab so dope... I go up on my sub a little bit, my doctor, has no problem doing that. Bupe is a real mind fuck huh? I originally got on it 5 years ago, thinking it would just be a couple months, and I could just stop everything... but it never happened. it is different for everyone, I am really fucked, because I actually love the feeling I get from subutex! seriously, I do subs, IV, we have chatted about this before, and feel as good as I would from some of the full agonists out there! its crazy! Last time I did a few oxys when I went off my subs for a weekend, I fucking regretted it big time! with the oxy, I waited like my normal 12-14 hrs which always has worked when taking low dose bupe then transitioning to full agonists and feeling the full effects with no blocking from the bupe, after taking only 1mg early that morning then doing like 90 or 120 mg of oxy, I was pissed I even got the oxy! it sucked! I would've rather just saved my money, and done my subs! because I love how long they last, compared to stuff like oxy IRs.. I don't think, unless they are free, I will ever do another oxy again.. heroin, that's different, I always feel amazing, and then don't want to go back to my subs! But yea, I am rambling... you could probably get away with this, without even going back to the subs at all.. I think they would prolong the withdrawl, even in super small doses.. but idk.. it would take tons of will power to not want more dope.. for me at least..

lol, out of curiosity, where are you "ordering" the drugs from? just sounded funny when reading it; as if you are able to change. then again, maybe you live in that ONE AREA where you MIGHT be able to do something like that. but if you are scripted bupe just taper the bupe since you get it so easy; people say its a hard thing but its all dependent on the person. last time I left bupe it was at 1MG and I was able to do it relatively easy. I was ready, tho. mentally ready to just give up and not worry about the relapse. this is back in 2012 and I stayed "sober" for about 8 months before WANTING to come back to drugs; not a slip up but truly WANTED TO, ha. make sense?

but you hear a lot of people complain about bupe WD. what are you looking to do? GET OFF DOPE FOR GOOD? then stick w/ bupe if you are scripted.

No sounds like a bad idea. Taper the bupe to 0.5 mg per day over at least a 30 day period. Then near then end try and get ahold of like 20-30 tylenol 3's with codeine in them. DC the bupe for good. Next stabilize on 30-45 mg of codeine per day for 10 days. After that taper the codeine quickly down to 15 mg and then stop. I am telling you this is a really smooth way to get off opiates. This helps eliminate the extended period of WD from drugs like bupe or methadone.

The idea of switching to another opiate that has a shorter half life should also be a weaker drug then the bupe in general terms. Low dose Codeine WD's are much easier to deal with then pesky long term WD's from low doses of bupe. Better yet talk to your doctor about your concerns.

sounds like a horrible idea IMO.
just gradually taper off the bupe and it shouldn't be too bad at all.
I personally don't find bupe w/d to be all that bad in the least. it just lasts quite a while. but as far as overall unpleasantness -- yeah, it still sucks, I mean it's opioid withdrawal, it's gonna suck; but I don't find it to be anywhere near even half as awful as heroin w/d, and nowhere near as bad as hydromorphone or morphine w/d either. I mean, I'm still able to work a full day at a very physical job when it full-blown CT bupe w/d, and yeah it's far from "fun," but I'd never be able to function on such a level if I were w/ding from any full agonist.
I would NEVER say that "heroin is easier to detox off of than subs." EVER. quite the opposite IME.

ETA: and FWIW, I IV my bupe and am prescribed 8.6mg/2.1mg zubsolvs. I've been on bupe for close to 3 years.