• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

would mexicana truffles feel exactly the same as uk liberty caps?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
I was so weak and mentally pathetic that I didn't have the courage to go picking last year.

It is another 6 months till season comes around again so I wondered if mexicana truffles would be the same effect?

I am used to uk liberties so want to make sure there will be no real difference in effects? proivided i factor the dosages correctly.

I dont even want a full trip just low therapeutic doses to alleviate this mind crushing depression.

I have to make absolutely sure they will be just the same because I cant deal with anything heavy mentally. the actives are identical right?

What dose is the lowest threshold for mexicanas? I presume they are the safest bet in terms of being the weakest? and are they safe buying online usually ie not adulterated etc

Last edited:
They're a different species with a different ratio of alkaloids so no, there's no reason to believe they will have 'exactly the same effects'. They do however share psilocybin/psilocin as their primary active constituent so they're not gonna be that dissimilar either. But AFAIK liberty caps have a pretty unique ratio of alkaloids (mostly psilocybin and baeocystin, little psilocin) and other mushrooms do not usually produce the same high as them IME. Again though, it's not worlds apart, it's just like tasting a few different kinds of Merlot from around the world: they're all the same drink, some just have subtly different characteristics. As for dose, google is your friend

Ye I get that was just typing for effect. :)

So more like different strains of kratom in that it won't feel like unfamiliar territory? Like fucking your girlfriends twin sister?

No, kratom alkaloids are actually shown to be great in number, several each having activity of their own.

Psilocin-like alkaloids are more doubtful: the difference of psilocin vs. psilocybin etc is not really known and it's possible the differences are in kinetics mostly, and are less significant than there naturally being differences between each experience (even from the very same chemical). Other compounds in there are not even active at those levels themselves afaik, and would at most act as weak competitors for MAO.
So yeah it's possible what we believe about the mushrooms is more important than the actual difference.

Just mostly forget about it, I'd say: for all intents and purposes they do about the same.

As for your last question, I don't know I never even kissed her.

Deruyityn - I've always found Scottish liberty caps to be more potent than Mexicana truffles, but it also depends on the amount you take (I've also read reorts that English and Welsh ones seem to be pretty potent too). If you go weight for weight then there is the fact that these are wild creatures and the potency can vary from individual organism to organism. Having said that I've always found personally that there does seem to be quite a good degree of consistency in mushrooms in general.

Yeah Liberty caps are definitely more potent. Dose is about 2/3 to 1/2 what you'd take of cubensis. I first took them expecting them to be exactly the same as cubensis but I have to say there was definitely something different about them. The trip is consistently more euphoric and 'light' compared to cubensis which I find heavy and darker, more introspective. Maybe it is all psychological but after I found out Liberty caps are one of the only psychedelic mushroom strains to contain significant amounts of baeocystin, I am inclined to believe that might be why. Almost everyone else I know who has tried both agrees there is a difference, and baeocystin is known to be psychoactive at similar doses to psilocybin AFAIK. I would say the effect is more similar to 4-AcO-DMT than cubensis mushrooms.

I'm a firm believer that baeocystin can influence your trip, even if its only there in trace amounts. 4mg was claimed to be active, so its not too crazy to imagine that 500ug would influence a trip.

But yeah it's probably not a huge difference.

As for your last question, I don't know I never even kissed her.

Or so you claim =D

well that is nice to know they are less potent since I know my way well around liberties and don't want anything strong.

and lol at the distinctions between welsh and english and scottish magic shrooms.

Last edited: