• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Worried about the long term effects of previous MDMA use.

DSLAM

Greenlighter
I first rolled at a festival on a pill when I was 18, I didnt do it again until I started Uni when I was 19. I am very good with keeping my health and exercise up to good standards, and I have never taken more the 0.3mg in one night.I never drink excessivley and I often use moderate levels of weed at night to help sleep. There was a period of a few weeks in freshers where I did take it multiple times in one week and I was a little excessive. And I have probably dropped no more than roughly 20-30 times in my lifetime. I have decided to stop taking it now as I am starting to feel a lot less focused on my Uni work in general. I know that experiments and studies are very inconclusive on this topic, but I have just suddenly began to worry about the possible effects on my brain. I knew that taking drugs would have a negative effect i.e the comedown, but I am starting to think I have caused a little bit of permanent damage. This year I have cut down significantly and I have stopped eating junk food completely. I feel much better for it all, but I have found I forget where I have placed items and stuff like that more often. I would just like some reassuring words to settle my mind a bit because I am a little worried . I have always been responsible and I only ever drank a couple pints when im rolling and no more than that, and I was always in a good state. My comedowns werent that bad and I have always treat my body with respect. Do I have to worry about long term side effects of this amount of mdma? I reckon I have taken about 3-4 grams MDMA in the space of around 3 years maximum in my lifetime, but this is a rough estimate. My memory loss could be due to the fact I am heavily revising for exams at the moment, so I guess that could be plaiyng a part. I have used it recreationaly and I have never abused it really bad at all. Sould I be worried that I have fried my brain a bit permanently?

Thanks for your time :)

Last edited:
Are you still smoking cannabis? Might explain the memory issues if you are. But there are memory problems associated with MDMA.

People have walked this road of wondering about "permanent damage" many times before, my advice is always mindfulness meditation, cardio 30 minutes 4 times a week or as much as possible, and medicating health issues, mostly insomnia. If you have trouble sleeping I think that should be medicated (sleep is really important for recovery). Ecstasy users seem to respond to sleep deprivation differently than non users. Sleep apnea/snoring is always important to treat as well. Just remember there are many causes of a faulty memory.

Other than that there's not much you can do besides don't focus on it and live your life as well as you can. Let me just stress the cardio for a minute. Serotonin is really important for memory, cardio builds new serotonin cells in a very important place for this. It's one of the best things you can do.

If you live your life healthily enough you can be much healthier than before you ever did MDMA.