World Of DnB pt. 4 (3.13.04) - NEW VENUE - Municipal Cafe - Hartford CT

i don't want to elaborate, but i guess i will

lets start out with the sound in the bar, you know how drum and bass heads are, louder is better right? well in this case louder is not better because the blew out true's amps in the bar, completely cooked them.

none of the good hip hop acts got to play, at least i didn't hear them, which sucked cuz that was the only thing i was looking forward too.

downstairs in the main room was tight all night long, it was packed wall to wall with people until about 4:30 in the am. killa kel rocked it, didn't know a little 4 foot tall white english dude could sound so much like a beat machine. grooverider tore up the place and was absolutely fucking insane, the floor was definitely shaking, not only from the sound, but from the people dancing. and lets talk about the sound, dan garcia brought in a wall of sound from the asylum that was fuckin impressive. all in all the night went off with a few minor glitches seeing as though the party was moved at the last minute and bringing in sound, turntables, and lasers took a little longer than expected (about an hour and half late) but the night was worth it.

although i didn't appreciate cleaning up the mess at 6:30 in the morning

i think 300+ payed, add to that comps and dj's there was probably well over 400 people, a turnout the muni hasn't seen in a while and it was definitely much needed. i hope we get more respect now, but everyone loves to hate on the muni, hell even i did, but it's the only place in new england you can get your drink on, and still party up until the wee hours of the morning.

It was a great party, but i'd rather it have been at the asylum but its good to change things up, the sound was thumping and the people were dancing all night myself included. Get Lucky is now gonna be there too which sucks cause it will be even more packed, but ya the muni is alright just a little small is all. I liked the bar although music sucked in that room but downstairs was off the hook with alot of jungle and DnB and some hip hop and breaks. I'm going to Get Lucky still cause i kinda like the muni but it would be better at the asylum for sure, i just only hope its not any more packed than the other night cause it was hard to get around unless you broke into peoples dance. Hopefully many who were will not show and it will be just a little tight that would be fine, cause i will be mad hot although they do open alot of windows and doors so its all good, although i hate seeing vomit in the booths at the muni(same at every rave) cause i almost layed down in some, next time i will be checking real good.