• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Working out on Adderall. Bad?

Hi.

Greenlighter
I recently got prescribed Adderall for my adhd. I use the 10mg generics.
Since I get a few more from my script than what I need every month, I sometimes dose a second time right before a workout.%)

I find that when I take a 10mg Adderall 30 minutes before a workout I go absolute beast mode. I'm talking 200% effort…
I can lift a lot heavier, do more reps, and cut my resting time in between sets down SO MUCH. I can do an amazing workout on Adderall in 10 minutes, vs a mediocre workout in 45 minutes while sober. It's like I don't even need rest, it's just go go go and that's all I can think about.I've also been getting crazy gains since I've started doing this. It's like I can feel every individual muscle fibre tearing. It's insane!=D

I don't do this that often, (1-2 times a week) but could this be bad at all for my health? I haven't really had any problems so far, but I want to make sure I'm not accumulating damage on my body by doing this.:?

Also, why does this happen? I thought Adderall was supposed to draw blood AWAY from your extremities, not towards them? I've also heard that Adderall breaks down your muscles to use as energy, but this obviously isn't the case since I'm putting on 3-4 pounds of muscle a month now.
8o

It's potentially bad for your blood vessels and heart, but assuming that you don't take more than the 20mg you mentioned (and not more than 1-2x a week) I don't think that it's much of a concern as long as you get good regular cardio workouts. I'm not a doctor, so don't necessarily take my word for it though.

Amphetamines might draw blood away from extremities during rest but during a workout it's a completely different story: the areas of muscle involved in a workout are flooded with blood to replenish the cellular chemicals that are used up during exercise.

Amphetamines also do decrease muscle mass but in your case again it's a different story: you've been working out, so it counteracts that effect and you're gaining.

not a good idea just get a shitload of preworkout if you go on richpiana.com and get 5150 and mentality its way better than adderal because adderal constricts blood vessels

agree stick with a pre workout just pour a scoop into your mouth and thatll get your juices flowing