• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Working down to step off....

C

ColdIce

Hello;

First I want to say that I have read many many threads here and on other sites. I have been able to quit cold in the past, but boredom brings me back. I have never been a big drinker (maybe 2 or 3 drinks a month) and I have never enjoyed smoking or even ingesting THC. However I tried some Perks about 10 years ago at a party and it was nice. Over the next 5 years it went from 2 or 3 on a weekend to 20 on a weekend. Soon I was buying 100 for the week and using most days. I can afford the habit, I am single and well employed.

During that time I did quit many times for short periods due to things like Vacations and being out of the country. So I would stop about a week or so before my travel, suck it up and be fine by the time I arrived. I would be gone a month or so and come back home relaxed and rested. Sometimes it would be 5 or 6 months and I would be bored and start again.

So recently I started to cut back and switch products. This has seemed to be working. I first switched to Codine and although I did feel some discomfort from stopping the perks it was manageable. I then started to cut back from 12x60mg a day to 10, and then to 8 and eventually down to 4 a day. Big change and I felt pretty good.

So now after doing some reading and looking around I have switched to 1 8mg Dilly a day for the past week. I take it at around noon and some days I don't take it until after work at about 5pm (30 hours after the last pill). At this point if I step off what should I expect? It does not seem like much and from what I understand I would be feeling sick after 5 or 6 hours.

I have read that stepping down does not work, which is fine. I am going out of the country for an extended time so will be away from it for nearly a year.