Working as an Informant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadhead420

Bluelighter
I'm basically put in a really fucked up situation. I was pulled over by 2 undercover narcotics officers for speeding and supposedly running a stop light (I swear it was yellow...). Anyway they pull my friend out of the car and he has weed on him so apparently that gives them permission to search my car so they find 2 baggies of weed (less than an eighth total) and a one-hitter pipe shaped like a car cigarette lighter.

So the cop gives me his number and says if i make some buys for him he'll give me back the citation and not turn it in to the court but I'll have to bust 3 different people. So I call him and set up a buy for a gram of heroin which happens to be in a different county so they call up the undercovers in the county where the heroin is and I make the buy.

Now, the middleman I did this through got fucked over by the dealer and got sold candy instead of heroin this morning so he's not fucking with this dealer anymore. The cops want me to make another buy Tuesday and I'm thinking of just telling them to fuck off. I thought I could bust this guy because he's fucked me over before but I really feel bad for him. I just can't justify getting 3 people felonies just to get out of a simple possession charge.

I dunno... what the fuck do I do?

This is more of a moral issue than anything else, IMO, and it's my belief that as a general people shouldn't turn on each other. How would you like for this to happen to you?

You're faced with a citation. You'd be responsible for possibly getting 3 people felony charges. Convicted felons have a hard time getting jobs, getting housing, getting respect from the community... the list goes on. A felony conviction can really screw up someone's life.

Don't do it, buddy. It's a citation. You wouldn't even be doing the police any favors by getting involved with legal tactics that are this dubious. Your worst case scenario is that you get a citation that you might be able to get thrown out with the help of a competent lawyer.

Lay low for a bit and make sure that you don't have any contraband in your house or when you go out, especially while driving - including your passengers. Make an extra effort not to get in trouble over anything, no matter how small.

Lastly, depending on the people in the crowd you're running with, something really bad could potentially happen to you if you did snitch. Keep your integrity and try to resolve your case another way. And please follow up about what you decide to do. Good luck with your case!

I dunno... what the fuck to say?

This is all stems from 2 small bags of weed!!??! What to do? Man up and take the damn misdemeanor pot charge, is there any question on that matter. You will learn sooner or later.

seedless

The cops want me to make another buy Tuesday and I'm thinking of just telling them to fuck off. I thought I could bust this guy because he's fucked me over before but I really feel bad for him. I just can't justify getting 3 people felonies just to get out of a simple possession charge.

If you changed your mind, just tell them you had second thoughts, and that you don't want to go through with it.

Possession and paraphernalia usually isn't a big deal. What state are you in? There might even be a first time offender program where you won't end up with a criminal record.

If you're looking for moral advice, especially on whether you "should" set up a controlled buy, this isn't the appropriate place.

Last edited:
I don't have much sympathy for the dealers. They put themselves in the game.

But I do think you should consult with a lawyer to determine exactly how exposed you are, and whether your verbal agreement with this cop, and subsequent actions under his direction, provide you with any legal protection in the event the cop decides to renege on the deal.

So, my advice is simply to talk to a lawyer. Certainly consider any moral qualms you have, and the possibility of grief in the form of retribution from someone you help bust.

Dude it's just a minor charge. I had a similar deal offered to me this month. I got caught by undercovers purchasing heroin (only 4 bags) and they told me they could make the charges dissappear if I did some undercover work for them, and they were going to pay me cash for my time. But is it worth the risk of getting robbed, beaten or even possibly killed? I don't think so.

Would the dealers ever hesitate to narc on you? Probably not...

Its all in the game, and this decision is up to you.

I would personally get a lawyer and go for a first offender program.

This is more of a moral issue than anything else, IMO, and it's my belief that as a general people shouldn't turn on each other. How would you like for this to happen to you?

^^^definitely.

Some one I thought was a friend, was actually a CI and rolled on me for selling him suboxone that he needed "cuz he was so sick...."

My apartment got raided (illegally IMO) and they clean me out real fucking good. They took TONS of shit:
1-2 grams of weed
1-2 grams weed laced with dmt
60 or so Soma's
Needles, spoons
my scale
a case of n2o with a cracker and balloons
50+ dried poppy pods
(this is where it gets bad)
lye+Naptha
separatory funnel
my DMT "lab" (a dozen or so spent jars) w/ my journal that had all my notes
A couple hundred empty gel caps

I had a nice fucking stash!!! And some asshole didn't want to face fucking possession charges, so he does this to me when I'm doing him a fuckin favor. I'm a fuckin connoisseur of fine substances, I'm not a fucking drug dealer!!!

So anyway, these two pricks from the drug task force offer me the opportunity to make all that go away if I snitch on 3 people. You would think I'm pretty fucked right? I certainly thought I was definitely fucked and wrestled with the idea of snitching and led the detectives on for a few weeks. I made half ass attempts to get shit but it always didn't work out at the last second....on purpose.
Finally I had thought it over and knew in my heart I couldn't do what that snitch did to me to other people. I threw down a $500 deposit, got a lawyer (who specializes in drug cases), and my lawyer called the detectives and said that if they wanted me, to go through him. It's been almost 8 months now, the detective doesn't call me anymore and the drug task force hasn't called my lawyer not once. And as far as I know the combination of an illegal search and a lawyer saved my ass big time, maybe even literally.

...I know it's scary (look at all the shit they busted me with!!!). I haven't read the other replies in the thread yet but I'm assuming everyone is saying "GET A LAWYER". I wrote out this long ass story (that I've wanted to share with this board but was too scared to talk about it online) to show you what getting a lawyer can do!!! Do it. If you can't afford it, just tell the cop you have a lawyer and you're not going to talk to him anymore, and that will probably make him give up on you.

...[Edited by Johnny1 - please note that judgmental comments are not allowed in the Legal Discussion forum, thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I just can't justify getting 3 people felonies just to get out of a simple possession charge.

Grow a semblance of a pair and take responsibility for your trivial misdemeanor possession charge without being a snitch and sending three people to jail on distribution. I really hope this is some kind of sick joke. Did you even bother to ask a lawyer what you might be facing? Slim and none is probably the answer. Many DA's wouldn't even consider prosecuting.

I think this thread has run its course. The legal areas have all been covered. The original poster should consult with a lawyer so that he or she can figure out what the next best steps are. As always, feel free to PM me with questions or comments on this.

I think this thread has run its course. The legal areas have all been covered. The original poster should consult with a lawyer so that he or she can figure out what the next best steps are. As always, feel free to PM me with questions or comments on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.