View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Wondering about Microdosing psychedelic

Innerpeace

Bluelighter
I know some subjects say microdosing doesn't work. That said I came across a couple videos on it, I ve in particular by James Fadiman, I found interesting.

Compared to ssris,ssnis, antidepressants which seems to make negative s tolerance, supposed to be research, according to people who's done them that it causes more positively than normal, a step higher than antidepressants.

Remember 1/10 the dose of a normal in range psychedelic experience.

No tracers or anything out of the oridarly, supposed to cause to be more tolerant of things that wouldn't be as tolerable.

Albert Hoffman supposedly Microdosed psychedelics for many years.

Was thinking since both ssris, ssnis, antidepressants and these, although GH may work on different serotonin receptors,some.may work in the same, is this really a small dose in serotonin?

I'm also wondering about microdosing (md). I haven't found a lot literature on it, only anecdotal stories/media write-ups. I would like to get off SSRIs permanently due to the negative side effects (weight gain, trouble sleeping, lack of libido ... ) but there doesn't seem to be a real guide for md'ing. Like you, I've heard 1/10 of a normal dose, but what is a "normal" dose anyway? Is it dependant on weight, sex, age ? I dunno.

I'd simply like to try it out as an alternative and see what happens but I'd like to give it a fair a shake as possible.

Microdosing is effective for mood and creative output, YMMV for ADHD or antidepressant effects. LSD or a pro-drug is usually a better choice than a tryptamine. It's definitely more helpful than SSRIs - there's recent compelling evidence that they are physically harmful placebos: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41380-022-01661-0

Michael Pollan has a comprehensive book on microdosing and LSD-assisted psychotherapy, worth a read if you are interested: https://b-ok.cc/book/5206036/cf8572

Thanks for the links. I just watched Pollan's 'How to Change Your Mind' series on Netflix, which is what really got me interested in MD'ing. But that's only what I would call anecdotal. Its informative and leaves you pondering the possibilities, but it can't really get into dosing amounts and timing. Maybe one day an actual doctor will. Until then I'd like to try self-medicating on a responsible level.
Maybe I'll start with psilocybin but its all experimental on my part. I'll never be sure if I'm doing it correctly.

1/10th of a blotter of lsd or 1plsd provides between 8 and 12 micrograms. (blotters have a nominal dose of 100 micrograms)
you can start with that.
a volumetric solution is best (i.e. dissolve cut up and stirred blotters that have been standing for a day after shaking the water)
I make mine by getting a clean dropper bottle, and adding 80 droppers of distilled water to 8 chopped up blotters - then each dropper full will be a micro dose. I never mind the tiny bits of paper left in the solution, but shake it each time so that some might go into the dropper.

the blotters themselves may not have evenly distributed lsd, and even between two blotters the amounts can vary - this makes volumetric dosing the best option.